lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
clubcar82
Not Yet Wild

Default hi altitude problems

My 82 runs great here in Phoenix at 1500' elevation but went up north aprox. 9200' elevation and it seemed the cart had no power would rejetting the carb help this? And if so what size jet?
clubcar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: hi altitude problems

When you go to the higher elevation there is less air available so you need a leaner mixture (less fuel) to compensate. There is so much difference in elevation here that I think only a mixture adjustment is gonna work for you as whatever works at one elevation is not correct for the other? Have you tried adjusting the air mixture screw on the carb?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
puzomatc
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have 81 marathon and i live at 6200'
i talked to ezgo and they DO NOT make a high altitude jets. our carts are too old.
i just found the jet at the bottom of the float bowl bolt that seems like every other jet i have found in snowmobiles. I'm going to take it in and ask for a different one at the local snowmobile shop.
I have a chart in my manual (in another place, not in front of me) that explains what jet you need at what temperature at what elevation. if you're at 9000'+, then i think you need a number 75 jet, but i need to check on that.
I talked to the local cart guy (at 4500') and he said they are prejetted up to 3500'. other than that you need a new jet, which they don't make. my factory jet says 87.5 on it and i looked in the chart. I need an 80.

you can read up on it and solder the jet closed, then re drill it as a smaller hole. I'm pretty sure i'd screw that up (no pun intended) so i'm taking the jet out of my cart, with the picture i have from the manual and ask if he can get me a jet with a smaller hole.
puzomatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
puzomatc
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

checked the book. at 70 degrees (temperature), you should get a 75 jet.
good luck. the snowmobile shop didn't have them where i live, neither did napa (the guy laughed at me).
puzomatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Try our sponsors and then dennis kirk
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car