lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: '91 DS- upgrade engine/brakes or new cart?

My friend isn't the most mech savvy guy but I love him lol. He does know tools tho. First time I did it on my own and it wasn't that bad around 8 hours the first time. The kit is very all inclusive and is a bolt in affair. It really is that easy. A lot of the time the first time is figuring out the best way to get the old engine out either drop the whole cradle, pull it through the seat or take the rear body off. If you don't have a top the last is my favorite way so you can see where everything goes. If you have a couple days to do it then the kit is the way to go. You will get more power then you really understand and in probably one day you will be up and running before sunset and have time to test it all out. You do have to have a lift kit to fit the big blocks because of how tall they are.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #12
TimB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: '91 DS- upgrade engine/brakes or new cart?

Thanks for all the replies. I'm certain I could do a bolt-in swap in less than 2 days if one was available (probably one day and I'm talking direct engine swap with say 15 HP). Already had the body off when we first got it to have it painted so I know how easy that is. I looked at the CPP kit but $2350 plus a lift kit? I can sell/ swap mine and add some cash and get a newer cart with a little more grunt for less $.
Thanks again for the input.

Tim
TimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: '91 DS- upgrade engine/brakes or new cart?

my 1st KF-82 rebuild took 10 hours pulling motor, ripping down complete redoing everything internal and putting back in cart......was driving it that night......this was at camp in february sitting at a picnic table...........ones after the 1st one still the same amount time i like to double and triple check almost everything.......oh that was also replacing crankshaft since they broke it.......1st and last time i have ever seen a broken crankshaft a little old lady did it...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
TimB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool Re: '91 DS- upgrade engine/brakes or new cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
...1st and last time i have ever seen a broken crankshaft a little old lady did it...................................

Might be a little before your time.

Tim
TimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car