lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #11
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 Villager 8 clutch

from my experience it is the heavier spring in the drive clutch that makes it do this. it is also what lets it idle without engaging.

I have played and played with my carryall, with no better results. the villager6 i had was the same way.

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
LuauLounge
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The part numbers for the DS and the Villager clutches and the clutch spring is the same..
So, it must be something else.
LuauLounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well i can tell you this. when i had the clutches off and side by side the driven from a regular ds is easily compressed by hand. the key start transporter clutch had a much heavier spring as i couldn't compress it as easily. when i swapped a standard ds clutch on that cart i had to shut engine off to go from forward to reverse as it was staying engaged.

Maybe the clutch on the transporter had been changed before i got it, i don't know...

your mileage may vary
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #14
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

Your clutch should have a green spring in it, part# 1016901. It's longer than the DS spring. Cut about 1 1/2 coil off of it. It will take care of the problem. Just make sure the cut end is the end up in the movable face side. The other side it will burrow into the roller bearing. Don't ask. I sell alot of Carryalls and it fixes the problem.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpg View Post
Your clutch should have a green spring in it, part# 1016901. It's longer than the DS spring. Cut about 1 1/2 coil off of it. It will take care of the problem. Just make sure the cut end is the end up in the movable face side. The other side it will burrow into the roller bearing. Don't ask. I sell alot of Carryalls and it fixes the problem.
What is it like to drive after cutting the spring?
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car