lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
ADOUGA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Reverse Beep

Does anyone know how to disable the reverse beep on Yamaha the drive? It is kind of loud and not great in the woods.
ADOUGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Reverse Beep

Sure do I'm a Yamaha dealer......look under front cowl from pax side of cart...toward the center you will see a two pin connector going to a mini flying saucer looking device attached to frame...simply disconnect at two plug connector...now the appropriate answer is to wrap tape around it to quite it down because this also alerts you when you forget to set your parking brake...a major safety feature...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
ADOUGA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok thanks. Do you know where I could see an exploded diagram? Does it have other beeps for trouble codes etc, and how do I know what the beeps are for?
Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Trouble codes are stored in the controller and can be downloaded through the wiring harness via a palm pilot...only beeps when cart is moving without pedal being pressed down when in run instead of tow...otherwise it is constant when in reverse...dont have a diagram handly as I'm in shop at the moment however Ill take a picture with my Iphone of one of the Drives I have handy.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345740770.554350.jpg
Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
ADOUGA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks so much for the quick reply and pic. Looks like it’s not too hard of a job. I found a parts diagram at this site, www.tntgolfcar.com.

You mentioned a palm pilot for reading codes. Is that a dealer tool or something I can pickup at an auto parts store?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha