lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Doc
Gone Wild

Default Opinions on On-Board Charger?

I'm purchasing a new set of batteries for my 2000 48V CC. This cart is mostly used by my mom and she tends to be VERY forgetful when it comes to plugging in & recharging the cart. I'm thinking of an on board charger (about 359.00) for it. It simply has to be plugged into an outlet or extension cord which she can certainly do. Anyone have one of these installed? Does the OBC have to be by-passed or otherwise modified? Thanks for any input on this!
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Opinions on On-Board Charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'm purchasing a new set of batteries for my 2000 48V CC. This cart is mostly used by my mom and she tends to be VERY forgetful when it comes to plugging in & recharging the cart. I'm thinking of an on board charger (about 359.00) for it. It simply has to be plugged into an outlet or extension cord which she can certainly do. Anyone have one of these installed? Does the OBC have to be by-passed or otherwise modified? Thanks for any input on this!
Doc
I only found one OB charger worth selling and it was $450 by Lester. Price too high for most people .... Just a thought, mount the stock charger on the cart. Hardwire it to the batteries and install a male AC outlet... she still has to plug it in ???
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Doc
scotty has right idea cause yes with most on boards your gonna have to do some bypassing...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

What is the difference you still have to plug it in right? Just teach her where to plug it in and tell her if she gets it wrong next set is on her, lol! Its called tuff luv
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

I havent done this yet but hope to soon. Mount the charger close to the cart where the charging cord hangs down or is next to where she parks the cart. Get out of cart and plug into cart, then plug into A/C outlet. Nothing to drag around but the cords. I have a battery tender Jr. hangin next to where my bike gets parked. As soon a you hop off, reach up and plug it in. Same concept.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car