lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
ride2tires
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default ANOTHER coil grounding question....

Noobie here...

Picked up a G9A for $200. The previous owner had a wire harness fire, which in turn melted the accelerator switch leads so it took a crash ride all by it's lonesome.

Rebuilt the harness per schematic ( adding the missing wire from the r/w to the solenoid ) and have one question.....

I have read a lot of posts thru searching about the ground for the coil. The current coil does not have a black wire to ground to the coil mounting bolt as many have mentioned (or it burned off). I am assuming there is to be one? Also, the black wire from the back-up annoyer(which I eliminated), is this to be grounded to the engine jug as well? The schematic shows it going to ground, tho I am reluctant after doing alot of reading here that many have had fire/smoke/fried wires do so....

Thank you.
ride2tires is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ANOTHER coil grounding question....

The coil does not need to be grounded to work
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
ride2tires
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

After getting home and reviewing the schematic, my question is if the engine acts as a ground for the plug, and the engine mounts are rubber.... How is the plug to get a ground?
Old 10-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Most have a big ground to the generator which is mounted on the engine mount. The front engine mount on a G2/9, and there is a rear one. The engine and both mounts are bolted together and on 4 rubber mounts except for the tension cable if it has one (under the gen pulley). So that assembly is all grounded, the rest of the cart is not necessarily or it grounds via the little factory fuse that will blow if you hook up driving lights to the frame. And don't forget the engine cradle moves with the rear suspension, so it would not be a good ground for the rest of the cart anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
ride2tires
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Sho.
I have noted that I don't have a ground fuse. One was not shown on the schematic. Should I add one? If so, where?
Did get it fired up tonight and got a lil ride in the rain. too geeked to wait for nice weather.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha