lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Turf II Gas now grinds instead of going Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workstead View Post
It could have been AK... :-) It's -17 there right now. Brrr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workstead View Post
It was -17 in Fairbanks today. Brrrr.
Seriously... don't EVEN talk about winter yet!!! it'll be here soon enough!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #12
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

What are the micro switches for on the shift bracket? How are they adjusted.

I will need to remove these when I replace the bracket and would like to know what I'm getting into.

Does one control the reverse alarm?
Workstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Correct!
1 is for the reverse buzzer, (2 wires) and the other is for FNR limit/engine kill circuit (3 wires)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

picture time! there are 2 trans missions on these. on has the shifter on top and it turns on top, and its a one peice trans rear end set up. othjer has the shifter on top, but its on its on the right side of the trans. the trans is seaperate from the rear end, but still on top of each other . ill see if i can get photos.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
A genius??? I think... NOT!

The reason I brought it up was, I compared ckiguys shifter cable setup with yours,
and ckiguys cable was adjusted further out then yours at the shifter,
so I just figured that the cable was not extending out (or retracting in) far enough to get it into gear where it should be!

No... I don't have a service manual for Carryall/Turf II's,
BUT... here's a couple things from my manual to try to help you with your cable adjustment!
Don, yes you are.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
picture time! there are 2 trans missions on these. on has the shifter on top and it turns on top, and its a one peice trans rear end set up. othjer has the shifter on top, but its on its on the right side of the trans. the trans is seaperate from the rear end, but still on top of each other . ill see if i can get photos.
Here are pictures of my setup. The bracket I'm replacing is the one connected to the FNR lever under the seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0306.jpg (369.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0315.jpg (297.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0316.jpg (391.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #17
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

yup dump the return spring some hillbilly attached at the rear of the trans shifter. all looks goood for the 99 axle. drain and refill with some good quailty 75-90 or 85-140 oil. i would reccomend that you run synthetic. and as said before...flush the case to make sure yuo have the old oil residue and shavings out. leave the drain open and pour it in the fill till it comes out clean. we got you covered! ill get you a picture this weekend if you need any more. and get that cart a bath!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

one thing looking at your pictures is im trying to figure out what the factory harness is for on the right side frame? and how you havent caught fire with your postive cable sooooo close to the frame and protecting it from what looks like a paper towel! oy!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
one thing looking at your pictures is im trying to figure out what the factory harness is for on the right side frame? and how you havent caught fire with your postive cable sooooo close to the frame and protecting it from what looks like a paper towel! oy!
Good eye CHIGUY.

I am concerned about the same thing about the battery. There is some space but not much. I don't think the paper towel will give much insulation. I ordered some parts Tuesday and forgot to order the battery hold down parts and the cover for the electrical box. I got the burned out head light locally for about 1/2 the price from Club Car.

I will be working on the cart when the shift bracket comes in and I plan to do a thorough inspection and some cleaning.

Thanks for pointing out the hazard as it now is. It came with no battery hold down parts.

The cart is wired for an electrical lift and that is the cable for it. There was no electrical lift on the cart when I got it but apparently it was factory wired for a lift. I hoping to find an actuator and the necessary brackets to mount it so I can have a powered lift. Do you know of a source and the correct size actuator? I'd like someone who has one to take some pictures and measurements for me.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
yup dump the return spring some hillbilly attached at the rear of the trans shifter. all looks goood for the 99 axle. drain and refill with some good quailty 75-90 or 85-140 oil. i would reccomend that you run synthetic. and as said before...flush the case to make sure yuo have the old oil residue and shavings out. leave the drain open and pour it in the fill till it comes out clean. we got you covered! ill get you a picture this weekend if you need any more. and get that cart a bath!
Good advice.

I plan to not only give it a bath (after I cover the electrical box) but also paint the exhaust system. Then buff it and clean the aluminum and maybe put a mat on the floor of the dump bed. Any more suggestions for getting it ready to show? :-)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car