lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turf II Gas now grinds instead of going Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
... ill get you a picture this weekend if you need any more...
I could use some pictures of the way the battery should be held down, if you get a chance.

Thanks,

Clem
Workstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #22
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

nope. check your battery to have the correct group size if the just dropped a battery in there that may be why theres no battery hold down. its a hunk of rubber/pl;astic that bolts to the bottom. it dooesnt hug the top. you can power was the cart know with no issues. to include in the electrical box. wont hurt it. but its alos not advised! your be fine with a couple quick passes. just dont hunker down on it. might get water in the cables and micro switch.
as far as the linnear actuator, no i dont have one. i saw it onhere where it looked like someone found one close to work. i might suggest ebay. might have a better/cheaper option. and since yours came with a factory harnes, i wonder if you have a factory switch on the dash? if so, i wonder if yo did have one, it burned up and the previuos owner just tossed it out? your bed has a few brackets at the back i dont reconize. i think it may be time for me to get some photos!
but as far as buffing and cleaning, alittle soap and water and a presure washer does wonders! just rember its a working golf cart! some dirt is good! i still got dirt and debris that sstained around my fuel tank. 2 cans of industrial degreaser, and a steam cleaner.... not coming off! soits staying!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
nope. check your battery to have the correct group size if the just dropped a battery in there that may be why theres no battery hold down. its a hunk of rubber/pl;astic that bolts to the bottom. it dooesnt hug the top. you can power was the cart know with no issues. to include in the electrical box. wont hurt it. but its alos not advised! your be fine with a couple quick passes. just dont hunker down on it. might get water in the cables and micro switch.
as far as the linnear actuator, no i dont have one. i saw it onhere where it looked like someone found one close to work. i might suggest ebay. might have a better/cheaper option. and since yours came with a factory harnes, i wonder if you have a factory switch on the dash? if so, i wonder if yo did have one, it burned up and the previuos owner just tossed it out? your bed has a few brackets at the back i dont reconize. i think it may be time for me to get some photos!
but as far as buffing and cleaning, alittle soap and water and a presure washer does wonders! just rember its a working golf cart! some dirt is good! i still got dirt and debris that sstained around my fuel tank. 2 cans of industrial degreaser, and a steam cleaner.... not coming off! soits staying!
I might get some time today to work on the cart and i will check the battery and how I can hold it down. Cleaning will wait a while until I get it running the right way, both transmission and carburetor/governor.

What type of fuel/oil/oil filter do you use? How much oil does it take?

I'll take some more pictures of the dump bed and any possible mounting points it might have for the actuator. I'll post them later. Maybe someone who has an electric dump bed will read this and be able to give me details of the mounting and size of the actuator.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I changed out the shift bracket today and readjusted the cables. I still couldn't get Forward to go into gear when shifted to Forward.

I lengthened the cable a little more and got the gears to grind when shifted to Forward. I completely adjusted the cable to it's maximum length with the adjusting nuts and it would go into Forward but when I put a little load on the transmission by going up hill a little it would jump out of Forward and grind. Then I adjusted the ball sockets by screwing them out as far as they would go and then I screwed them back on to the recommended 1/4" minimum. Now the transmission would shift into Forward, Neutral and Reverse. While driving around the transmission wanted to come out of Forward gear but if I held the shift lever into the Forward position I could drive and even go up hill without coming out of Forward.

It looks like there is something internal that is allowing that to happen.

Any ideas I can try so I don't have to hold the shift lever in the Forward position all the time?

Also, there was no backup alarm when in Reverse. I didn't check that at all. Maybe the buzzer, or whatever is the sounding device, is disconnected. Or, maybe I switched the wires going to the Reverse micro switch. I'll chect out the schematic to see how it is supposed to be connected.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #25
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

as far as filters... i hate to say it, but i run napa gold filters. in the air, the oil and fule i run there clear lawn mower fule filter. its a 5/16 and 1/4 line set up. it clear so i can see the debris if any in the filter. as far as oil i have been running penzoil or castrol in it. manula says 30 weight, but as i recall i got 5-30 in it know. doesnt use any oil. it gets her oil changed every spring. as far as sparky....ngk bpr5es or a ngk bp5es(non restistor plug) a dab ouf anti seize on the threads! i dont have the rev limiter disconected and i do have a zip tie on the road governor , but it set to move it from turtle mode(stock) to turbo mode if i neeed it! it gets me around 23 mph!
ill have to get photos of the unserside of the bed for you. get you a wire photo,or better one in case you wonkered up the wiring for the micros. even though one is the beeper switch, on is the gear switch, if it starts its in the beeper switch. did it beep before you changed the bracket?
i think your going internal on the trans/rear end. when you do your oil change there look for any metal chunks, use a pn, this way you can see how much metal shavings are in the oil. and then if you got to pull the rear end, you dont have to dump another 10 bucks in oil in it. it look difficolt, but lock has a service manula that has the procedure in it to pull. it says to drop the axle, turn it side ways on its tire and to work on it that way1 its a self made stand!
im going to look at a parts break down of the trans in mine and see what i thhink may be going on. sychro....fork...bearing.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #26
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have some questions. I put them in red in your quote.

Quote:
as far as filters... i hate to say it, but i run napa gold filters. in the air, the oil and fuel i run there clear lawn mower fule filter. its a 5/16 and 1/4 line set up. it clear so i can see the debris if any in the filter.

What are the NAPA numbers for the oil and air filters?

as far as oil i have been running penzoil or castrol in it. manula says 30 weight, but as i recall i got 5-30 in it know. doesnt use any oil. it gets her oil changed every spring.

How much oil does it hold?

as far as sparky....ngk bpr5es or a ngk bp5es(non resistor plug) a dab of anti seize on the threads!

I dont have the rev limiter disconected and i do have a zip tie on the road governor , but it set to move it from turtle mode(stock) to turbo mode if i neeed it! it gets me around 23 mph!

Where are these connections or adjustments? Are they on the carb or on the linkage? Photos? My cart doesn't go very fast at all. It seems like it is painfully slow.

I'll have to get photos of the underside of the bed for you. get you a wire photo,or better one in case you wonkered up the wiring for the micros. even though one is the beeper switch, on is the gear switch, if it starts its in the beeper switch. did it beep before you changed the bracket?

It has not beeped since I got it.

I think your going internal on the trans/rear end. when you do your oil change there look for any metal chunks, use a pan, this way you can see how much metal shavings are in the oil. and then if you got to pull the rear end, you don't have to dump another 10 bucks in oil in it.

It looks difficult, but lock has a service manual

Where can I download a copy of this manual? Does the case require a new gasket or sealer to keep it from leaking after it is apart? How much lube does it take?

that has the procedure in it to pull. it says to drop the axle, turn it side ways on its tire and to work on it that way its a self made stand!

Who is a good source of parts, if I need any?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to look at a parts break down of the trans in mine and see what I think may be going on. synchro....fork...bearing.
I don't have much experience working on these cart so the more detailed the instructions, the better for me. I like good written step by step instructions and pictures. :-)

I can read and follow written instructions but this mechanic stuff isn't intuitive for me.

Where can I download a copy of the owners manual for the Turf II? I imagine many of my questions will have the answer in it?

Sorry for all of the questions. I still have a bunch I haven't asked yet! :-)

I appreciate the help that you and others are giving me. Please keep it up.

Clem
Old 11-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #27
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

For the oil, filter and maintenance stuff, it's all up in the "stickies" under by-yearly maintenance.
(don't worry about the valve adjustments... Your FE350 has hydraulic lifters and are not adjustable!)
here's the link:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-ds-carts.html

IF you still have (or downloaded) the IPL that I gave you in your other thread,
In the "part 2" pdf, page 6-24 shows the reverse buzzer (#9) under the dash panel, behind the key switch,
(it's amazing how many people disconnect them there! )

and also in that "part 2" pdf, page 6-34 will show you the battery hold down!

I don't have any Service Maintenance manuals for Carryalls... just for DS's, but not in your year!
Here's a supplemental manual for a 97 DS with an FE290, most of the stuff concerning the unitized transaxle should be the same!
(I'm STILL hoping that it's just an adjustment, but after seeing what the previous owner did... I'm not sure! )

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1997 club car manual.pdf (7.70 MB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #28
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Lockman,

I do still have the IPL you sent and I will check that out.

I will also study the Sticky about maintenance.

I'll look around the site to see what is available before I ask a lot more questions.

I also hope I can adjust the transmission problem away but the cart will run OK if I keep some tension on the shift lever in Forward. I think I have adjusted the cable to it's maximum length but maybe there is a little more I can get out of it, or maybe extend it some way.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #29
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Don't worry about asking questions Clem...
That's exactly why BGW was started, and what we're all here for!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #30
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

clem i also use a website...ive seen it on here. they use the cc numbers and are close to cc prices. golf part direct i think?
ill get the numbers tomorrow for the oil air and fule filters. i know some numbers and info are in the stickies as don stated warlier. i will get a photo of how i i have the governor zip tied. but i will recomend that you make sure the rev limiter is connectected till you find your spot on the arm. cause don and many on here have stated that the valves will float around 4k and smash in to the piston! no good! so unless you have a tach, run the limiter. my owners manual staes the governor is a 3600 rpm. yes i still haVE A OWNERS MANUAL!
i have to clean the cart bed out tomorrow, sounds like some motivation! and get the pooch out for a ride!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car