lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #41
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turf II Gas now grinds instead of going Forward

No big deal. Our temperature today in Arkansas was almost 70 degrees. A little warm for this time of year. I was puttering a little before we get cold weather again.

Have you looked for a card on the internet? Pretty competitive prices and and they mail them right to your door.
Workstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #42
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, it's been over 6 months and I'm still using my Turf 2 in the same condition as it was last December.

Are you guy ready to start where we left off?

Clem
Old 05-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #43
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workstead View Post
The text in the pictures will help. My transmission appears to be opposite from yours. The Forward gear engages when the cable it extended and Reverse when the cable is retracted. No big deal because I will set the transmission to Neutral and tighten the nuts. Hopefully Forward and Reverse will be in the right place when I shift up front.

Thanks, again.

Clem
I'm reviving this old thread to close it out properly.

I have been using the cart in forward only and when I am forced to back up I overpower the spring on the transaxle and hold the shift lever so I can back up.

Here is the reason I am having trouble. I took the cart to the place that replaced the engine with a new one before I bought it. The owner had purchased the engine on his own and had the golf cart repair shop install it for him. THE PROBLEM IS the owner bought an engine that turned the opposite way that the Club Car original engine turned. That is what the repair shop owner told me. The guy I bought it from lied to me and said it was only an adjustment needed for the cart to travel forward properly. That is why I highlighted the above quote in red. When I am travelling forward in my cart the engine is travelling for what would be reverse on the original cart. Apparently, the transmission wasn't designed to work that way. That's why the extra force (strong spring) is required to keep the shift lever in place so it will go forward. There may be nothing wrong with the transmission but the engine is turning the wrong way for the combination to work properly.

I hope no one else ever this problem, but if you do, this has been my experience. I think I'll only drive around in forward for the foreseeable future. Thanks for those of you that tried to help in this weird situation. :-)
Clem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car