lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
mowalt
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Angry Code Six.. Thousands of dollars later

2005 columbia par car.
Sevcon controller replaced and programmed after i was misguided. new batteries. newer deltaQ. and i just dropped a new motor in. hooked it all up, and now i am flashing code six on the sevcon after the key is turned on and cart does not move in reverse or forward. $5000 into a (worth running $3000) ParCar, feeling pretty sick to my stomach and very displeased with certain "CartFixer" 's in the area, who fixed nothing but the number in my bank account... started with new $800 batteries on the 20th of feb... now im here

added... i know it is most likely the pot box', so i guess i am looking for each and every angle, if any more could possibly come....
mowalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Code Six.. Thousands of dollars later

6 flash isn't necessarily something wrong with it. any idea what the new controller is programmed to? Is there a sticker or does your receipt say anything about a checksum?
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
mowalt
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Lightbulb Re: Code Six.. Thousands of dollars later

par car thinks it may be programming also, they are going to check the programming in the controller ... thnx and stay warm...
Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Warm? You too. I just got back from Leesburg and Canaveral yesterday, and it wasn't exactly toasty there either.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
Warm? You too. I just got back from Leesburg and Canaveral yesterday, and it wasn't exactly toasty there either.
Too bad you couldn't have waited a few more days! It'll be back to 70's by the weekend.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe this is why everyone recommended that I stay with the "big 3".. EZ, Club, & Yam.

Look at the bright side... buy another parcar cheap, replace something not working from your "extra" parts and resell it to recoup your extra investment costs. You can't go backwards on the things you have already bought, but you can possibly move forward if you spend a little extra and resell a working cart to offset your total expenses.
URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
mowalt
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Talking Re: Code Six.. Thousands of dollars later

WOW! Great idea URBAN! never even thought of that....
Allen, ParCar Service Manager personally came to my house and resolved the problem in minutes... controller was programmed to a lad i guess, rather then the pot box.

Now we are rolling... Finally!

Tags
car, columbia, electric, par, sevcon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar