lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #11
Razzy43
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: blown motor

BrewCity, right on. I just called these guys today, as I seen a posting on ebay about these motors, and then came upon this post. I am interested in one of these as I am very very new to golf cart ownership and not sure a BB conversion would be up my alley. Now a engine swap seems more feasible. I friended you if you don't mind me asking a few questions about your engine swap and experience?
Razzy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #12
beaucos
Not Yet Wild

so I just found out it is 295cc can I drop a 350cc in same bolt ups and all or is there a difference?
beaucos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #13
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
I've just seen quite a few guys spend a ton of money to totally change their carts only to end up disappointed in the long run because the entire "Golf Cart" dynamic has been lost.

it's fun as heck to grab the throttle and hold on for awhile, but eventually it'll be time to either put it back the way it was or get another more practical/useful/economical daily driver to get to and from work, etc ...
I'd like to hear about all these guys that are putting their carts back to stock after a BB upgrade.....
Even with having a supercharger installed, my cart can be driven just as tame as stock, but the extra power is there if I decide to use it.
You're right... to each, his own.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:32 AM   #14
Younggun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I think the stock motor with mods is certainly the easier route if your wanting a "golf" cart, If you are looking for a tire spinning, hill climbing, speed cart, better look into the big block or clone swap, again all in what you want and what kind of time and money you have to invest in this project.
Younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:55 AM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

The swap is pretty darn easy, You're looking at about an hour and a half and standard hand tools, an impact and clutch puller will make that part of the swap go easier but even THAT can be worked around simply ... Feel free to PM me if You need a hand with anything or some pointers, I'll send You my phone number. Prior to sending in your core You'll have to pull your coil, carb, clutch, and a couple of brackets to use on the new motor - that's good though, as it gives you a couple of days to clean things up and get them shipshape before the new motor arrives.

Yes, the 295 and 350cc are the same as far as bolt pattern, etc - the carbs are jetted differently IIRC, but I have swapped them around in the past without any major issues (the difference is minor) - the difference in power, etc IS noticeable though, so is the step up to the 375cc which CT Rebuilders can supply You with for an additional few bucks. As to the carb, I'm planning on playing around with a couple of different jets, etc over the weekend so once I have things sorted out I'll post the results, right now I'm running a jet designed for my Zemco Header but with a stock exhaust can and it's actually working out quite well.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #16
Razzy43
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

BrewCity, I have a 2000 EZGO TXT that just lost a rod, so I am debating on rebuilding, buying rebuilt or swapping out and have a couple of questions I would like to ask but not finding where I can IM you from this site. I currently have the EH29C motor but if a new one is going in I definitely want some sort of upgrade, 375 or a swap out to the Vegas Cart 460CC. How can I get in contact with you, just friended ya.
Razzy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I believe You need 10 or more posts to PM someone - email me your number to zack *at* brewcitymusic.com and I'll give You a call, I just stripped a jet in the carb on the workhorse so I'm taking a break to "cool off" anyhow, LOL
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO