lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
mnunnery73
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with paint

Ready to sand and paint my 92 Marathon. Any pearls of wisdom? Type of sandpaper, paint, etc? Any advice is appreciated.
mnunnery73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help with paint

I own a body shop and have since 1987 what exactly are you looking for and are you trying to accomplish? Lets see 92 Marathon, it is all steel bodied right? that will make some difference on the materials needed to put on before the paint. Is the paint on it now cracked? Or does it have any major defects in the paint that is there or are you just tired of a hideous color? Does the cart have several paint jobs on it already? If it does it may need to be stripped. If not only scuffed and re-shot. But if the paint is not is good condition it will have to be sanded enough to require primer then the paint. When I do this type of question on the truck site I frequent I usually get a page or two to tell what needs to be done and how to do it and the golf carts are not that much easier just smaller and you have some more access to more things and some are easily removable where as a car or truck they may not be. Find out more about the condition of the paint on it now or post more about the condition of the paint that is on it now and I'll be off and running for you on it. My posts can get rather long winded but I want to fully fill you in to the best of my ability and not give a generic answer for everything. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO