lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #11
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to speed up Club Car PRECEDENT I2 EXCEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I'm one of them... have the PH motor in my IQ cart... speeds for Excel carts should be over 25 MPH.
I am as well. My cart went from 14 MPH to around 22 MPH just with the PQ Bandit motor. Best bang for the buck in my humble opinion.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #12
freebird581bd
Not Yet Wild

Good morning new member here. Glad to have run across this forum. I have found lots of good information already in a few short weeks. Thanks.

I didn't see a need to start a new tread when this one is on the same track as the info I am looking for.

I have a 2010 Precedent with the PH suffix serial number, however the person I bought it from had all the wiring, computer, batteries, motor (used) redone. My question is this: What is the easiest way to tell if different wiring harness you all are talking about is the IQ model etc. I understand that the magnet will not work on the Excel system but I wanted to be sure things weren't changed and I would be able to use it.

I am also looking at going the plumquick motor route also.

Thanks for your help guys!
freebird581bd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The issue is not the harness but the Controller.

If You have a Grey controller, it is the Excel model, the IQ controller is Black.

If You are getting a PlumQuick bandit motor, get their "PH" version and it will work with either model.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:26 PM   #14
freebird581bd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The issue is not the harness but the Controller.

If You have a Grey controller, it is the Excel model, the IQ controller is Black.

If You are getting a PlumQuick bandit motor, get their "PH" version and it will work with either model.

Thank you!!!
freebird581bd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:45 PM   #15
Kingman
Gone Wild

Thanks but the place where l service my cart claims that the Plum Quick motor by itself is useless without changing some other things on my cart

2010 cc Precedent 6 - 8 volt Trojans 875 4 yrs old

PH1020-097947

Prec 12 excel
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What other things specifically to your cart needs to be replaced?

4 year old batteries are likely close to end of useful life.

The stock 6ga cables need to be replaced if they are in bad shape.

The Controller should already be on speed code 3 (free setting).

A bandit motor does not require anything else on a cart that is working properly, You may want to find a different service place that provides better or more complete advice.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:10 PM   #17
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have ran a Plum Quick Bandit with a completely stock 2011 cart which ran great. Sounds to me like maybe your shop is looking to get more money out of you!
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #18
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I concur. Either the shop isn't capable/knowledgeable or trying to take you for a ride my friend.

EDIT: Looks like all the North Carolinians know what's going on.....or we're not a very trusting bunch : )
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:12 PM   #19
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

I forgot to mention l have speed code 4. 19.6 mph flat but going up hills drops down to approx 13 mph if l am alone (160 lbs) with passenger it feels slower. I use it around my community most of the time. I do take 10 mile runs without a problem.
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #20
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
Thanks but the place where l service my cart claims that the Plum Quick motor by itself is useless without changing some other things on my cart

2010 cc Precedent 6 - 8 volt Trojans 875 4 yrs old

PH1020-097947

Prec 12 excel
What things? I would think it would not be unreasonable for the shop to suggest new high current cabling and or a better solenoid with any performance upgrade. Motor or controller. You are exceeding the designed capabilities of the cart. In fact if you have a back seat and put an adult or 2 back there you are already stressing the drive train including rear springs and brakes.
The aftermarket companies will tell you, if you ask them, that to expect the performance gains they advertise the other components in the cart half to be good enough to support them.
Your high current wires are likely 7 years old. They may look good but there is likely corrosion under the jacket you can't see. The solenoid has a finite number of "clicks" available and can only handle so much current (amps) and over time that is likely to degrade.
People here are having success with either the motor or controller change without changing anything else but I don't have a good feel for how this goes over time. You want the improved performance but you also want the reliability of the stock version of the cart.
You are not interested in doing any of this yourself and I get that. You are certainly not alone and you may even be in the majority. So your going to have to pay somebody to do it. I feel the best you can do is educate yourself as a consumer and then decide if the shop is being reasonable and truthful with you or not.
I'm not intending to defend your shop, but I am suggesting that a good shop would discuss with you the ramifications of changing components and what to expect performance and reliability wise.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car