lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
rp197@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2013 Club Car 48V charger question

Hello all, my neighbor has a 2013 club car 48 volt which developed a charger problem where the charger buzzes after about 5 seconds and then trips it's push button circuit breaker. I checked the ac cord and voltage ok. Cart battery wiring and connectors seem fine. Pack voltage only reads 47.4 and does NOT change in the few seconds the charger is buzzing before the breaker trips. I suspect diodes/rectifier in the charger but would like to get some input from the knowledgeable folks here. The charger is not one I have ever seen and has a date of 1994 on it. I am an EZGO owner so a little out of my element here.
Thanks in advance.
Rick in Surfside
rp197@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Club Car 48V charger question

What kind of charger is it? It should have a 5 digit model number. Strange that you say it has a reset button but it's dated 1994. Club Car didn't put reset buttons on their chargers until 1995 when the 48 volt car came out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The rectifier is bad if it is a Power Drive 2 or the heat sink with diodes is bad if it is a Power Drive 3. This causes the circuit breaker to trip.
ckdgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
rp197@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks folks. I did not see a name on the charger but will try to get another look at it. Once it's identified, I will meter the diodes or whatever kind of rectifier is in it and try to get a part number.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:40 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp197@yahoo.com View Post
Thanks folks. I did not see a name on the charger but will try to get another look at it. Once it's identified, I will meter the diodes or whatever kind of rectifier is in it and try to get a part number.
I can give you any part number you need once it's identified. You won't have to research anything.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #6
rp197@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Problem solved. Checked diodes and they were open. Went to local Club Car dealer and found out this was an after-market heatsink and got real Club Car part for $23. Cart charged all day and neighbor is back on the road again. Thanks again to everybody in this great forum!
Rick in Surfside

Tags
2013 club car 48v charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car