lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
ggroff
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Question Taylor Dunn speed control / pedal

Where I work, we have a number of 'dead' industrial 3 wheelers that I can select from to build my own cart to use. The best one for my needs is a Taylor Dunn SS 5-34 that has a cooked motor, dead batteries and a missing throttle pedal. It does have the PWM installed, but when it was in use they jumped out the pedal and installed a toggle switch- you flipped the switch and the PWM would accelerate to full speed. (I suspect this is why the motor went up in flames). There isn't another T-D cart to pirate a pedal from, but there are a couple Cushman carts with the pedal intact. Is the Cushman pedal compatible?

I would just fix up one of the cushmans,, but they are 2 seaters and too wide to get into areas I need to go. There are a couple motors laying around I can make work, so that isn't a big issue. Trying to keep cost down so that accounting will approve new batteries.
ggroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
ggroff
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Taylor Dunn speed control / pedal

Did some more testing, the controller is kaput. Found a Cushman 3 wheel resistor cart to work with instead.
ggroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts