lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #21
rugbymox
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Roof Lowering Hinges RXV Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy_Guy View Post
What are your plans for the windshield? I dropped mine 4-5" and ended up cutting the top portion of my windshield the same amount.

I’m not really dropping the windshield, it folds over so really don’t need to do anything to it. Other than make sure it’s folded over when I put the top down.
rugbymox is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #22
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Fresh bump as this is now on my to-do list. We bought a new Momentum 376THS (has a 'mini-garage') that has a bed above it that can raise and lower. With the bed in the 'normal' position, we have 66" of headroom. It's down to 64" when you consider the Erickson tie downs I put in.

The golf cart at its highest point is about 70.5". I need to get it down to 64". This will allow us to leave the golf cart in the camper and still have full usage of the camper, plus it can stay stored when we are at campgrounds or locations that do not allow golf carts.

To avoid having to move the side mirrors on the golf cart, it looks like I have enough space to make brackets that are maybe 8.5" in overall length. When I consider where I'd have to put the bottom and top holes in the brackets, I am looking at probably achieving exactly 7" of drop. Any words of encouragement are appreciated. :p
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:06 AM   #23
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
Fresh bump as this is now on my to-do list. We bought a new Momentum 376THS (has a 'mini-garage') that has a bed above it that can raise and lower. With the bed in the 'normal' position, we have 66" of headroom. It's down to 64" when you consider the Erickson tie downs I put in.

The golf cart at its highest point is about 70.5". I need to get it down to 64". This will allow us to leave the golf cart in the camper and still have full usage of the camper, plus it can stay stored when we are at campgrounds or locations that do not allow golf carts.

To avoid having to move the side mirrors on the golf cart, it looks like I have enough space to make brackets that are maybe 8.5" in overall length. When I consider where I'd have to put the bottom and top holes in the brackets, I am looking at probably achieving exactly 7" of drop. Any words of encouragement are appreciated. :p
Sounds like it will work perfectly for you. When we bought our Momentum 395M back in 2017, we actually went it to purchase the 376 (absolutely love that floor plan). At that time, the bed was not on a riser. That, coupled with no second door (I set up a ramp for the dogs on the second door in garage) swayed us to the 395M.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:48 AM   #24
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
Sounds like it will work perfectly for you. When we bought our Momentum 395M back in 2017, we actually went it to purchase the 376 (absolutely love that floor plan). At that time, the bed was not on a riser. That, coupled with no second door (I set up a ramp for the dogs on the second door in garage) swayed us to the 395M.
Thanks! That’s pretty wild - after we took delivery of our 376THS, my wife sent me pics of the 395m and said she liked that floorplan too. Too late to change at that point! 🤣.

In regards to the RXV, I now have the rear roof supports cut and hinges made. Planning on working on the fronts this evening.

I chose (possibly a bad idea) to use 5/16” SS hardware. Just mocking things up, I’ve had two different bolts bend. May have to go the grade 8 route.

Also, it appears that at least with mocking things up, that 1/8” x 1-1/4” flat steel might have been a bad idea as well. The rear brackets distort/bend a little when the roof is lowered. The RXV rear roof supports are at an odd angle and well, it shows when the roof is lowered. Will have a better idea how bad it is once I get the fronts complete and can properly lower the roof down.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:58 AM   #25
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Cart looks pretty rad with the roof lowered!

I needed to be under 64", and with this, I can get it to around 63". Now I can keep the cart in the mini-garage or when we are at campgrounds where carts aren't allowed!

All that's left now is to let the paint dry on all the brackets and hardware and will re-assemble it all this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2682.jpg (271.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-31-2020, 01:08 PM   #26
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Will the cut edges make contact with the rear seat back when lowered? The pictures look as though they might. Also, I glued tire tread on my roof where the uprights on the rear contacted it. These wonderful roads we have around here would definitely have made two tiny sunroofs if not.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:00 PM   #27
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
Will the cut edges make contact with the rear seat back when lowered? The pictures look as though they might. Also, I glued tire tread on my roof where the uprights on the rear contacted it. These wonderful roads we have around here would definitely have made two tiny sunroofs if not.
Unfortunately yes, but just barely.

Going to have to come up with some way to prevent the cuts from hitting the rear seat. Undecided yet on how to do that at this point, but like you said... the roads will most definitely cause the top to move around.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:55 PM   #28
hntz4x4
Not Yet Wild

Ok I'm about to tackle this mod on my Marathon. Just looking for some clarity, if I need the roof to drop approximatly 7", I need to have 7" from the 45 degree cut to the top bolt?

My buddy was trying to convince me to just sleeve the uprights and have them slide up and down. Any thoughts, have not come across anyone doing it that way?

Ryan
hntz4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:10 PM   #29
MickiMichele
Not Yet Wild

OK I am looking to do this, but I need help answering the question of HOW did you cut the 45 degree angles. Did you take everything apart? Use a skill saw (circular saw)? Sawsall?
Hand saw? I just want to get this part right! Thanks guys,
MickiMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO