lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2020, 08:45 AM   #1
Rliddle
Not Yet Wild

Default Buzzes Forward Reverse no go

So, this just started. Cart buzzes in Reverse and Forward and does not move. I cleaned all cables, checked water levels.

I cannot even find a serial # on the cart. Not in glove compartment area, not in battery area. Is EZ go, but not sure model.

It has the feature where you do not have to lock the brake, it breaks automatically apparently has the option to increase decrease speed.

My thought was it is the Forward Reverse Assembly, but somehow does not seem to have that? At least not like the videos I have watched. Behind the controller is a cover that has something that looks like a 8 inch spring side loaded under it? Not sure what that is.

Possibly Key Switch.

I replaced the Solenoid last year.

Not a mechanic, but can follow directions/suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forward reverse.jpg (221.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Side view.jpg (231.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg no forward reverse switch.jpg (223.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Rliddle; 05-08-2020 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Attach pics
Rliddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Buzzes Forward Reverse no go

Looks like Danaher controller so 2008-2011 RXV. Problem child. Look on the frame rail above the driver side front tire for a sticker.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
Rliddle
Not Yet Wild

Wow, thanks on that. Textron

Model RXV FLT Elec
Serial # 5067704

The controller says ACO Motor Controller. That wouldn't cause the Forward Reverse issue would it?

Would it be switch Key?
Old 05-08-2020, 09:41 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The handheld is a godsend on these and almost necessary to properly diagnose an RXV (unless you know the symptoms as well as I do and can identify most of 'em by memory)

Seems like the key switch could be bad but without the ability to see handheld data and what inputs are showing as on/off it's hard to tell. If you put car in TOW mode and put key in N(on) does it let you push it? Does reverse beeper sound in all directions in TOW? Any sign someone cut the beeper and placed it back in?

I don't have the issues with the Danahers most on this board does. I always liked them. I DESPISE outright the Curtis versions since they seem to be easy to kill (controllers are always going bad) and when diagnosing them the fault code is always wrong:

Throttle/Brake Wiper (should mean one of the encoders in the pedal group) ends up being the speed sensor going bad.

EM Brake Coil Missing/Driver OC (should mean brake!) ends up being bad controller

Even electrical interference on a Curtis variant causes issues. We've had issues with random trash codes caused by a radio install. I know the Danahers inside and out and not only do they seem rock solid (as long as you have the correct E Brake and the larger solenoid) but the dianostics are more easier. Faults often are quite accurate.

I'm still quite miffed that we lost a ton of $$$ on a fleet of 2016 RXVs all with bad controllers giving the 'controller overcurrent' fault and randomly shut down or refuse to talk to the handheld at all. I'm starting to recommend that we stop getting RXVs since customers refuse to properly maintain them and complain about the costs of repair when they tap into the harness for a voltmeter or some other accessory and end up with a $1500 mistake.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 05:51 PM   #5
Rliddle
Not Yet Wild

I don't have a handheld, guess i need to take it in. I tested the voltage and it was 50 for all 4 batteries, is that about right?

Thank you for your response.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:26 PM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

50v is around 50-75% state of charge. Enough to run but I'd recommend a full charge. Also, that's no-load voltage. It wouldn't do much good to start at 50v and end up with 34v soon as you hit the accelerator.

Key switches aren't cheap either. Nothing on an RXV is cheap, so changing parts until something works is not a good idea. At least the Danaher handheld shows accurate faults and doesn't cause one to chase their tail like a Curtis does. Unfortunately we can't get them anymore (we got one back when they were available but later on EZGO decided to tell third parties to never sell any more, and I'm convinced they don't want folks working on them anymore. I am not much a fan of EZGO's modern stuff at this point. Once, a tech saw our handheld and told us 'don't tell anyone else at EZGO, they don't want mechanics who aren't affiliated with EZGO authorized techs to have that handheld--they will take it away from you if you're caught')
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #7
Rliddle
Not Yet Wild

Replaced the key switch and all is good. The place that does work for us, gave me a used one. (I do all her screenprinting for t-shirts, so it will work out.) Thanks so much for your help.

Tags
ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO