lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
dwn1423
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 Pre-Medalist EZGO Questions

I aquired a cart form my uncle that needed alot TLC. ran new wires and cleaned it up. My issue is that it runs fine in reverse, but little to no forward motion. Silinoid is clicking when pedal is pressed. It will go if you hit the perfect pedal position and hold it there (soon as the micro-switch opens). Thrynig to figure out if this sounds like a controler issue or the accelorator (potientiometer).

Thanks in advanced for any help,

dwn
dwn1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 Pre-Medalist EZGO Questions

Just a wild idea but the pot has 2 sets of wires one is half speed reverse and the other regular speed forward .... could you have these pairs mixed up?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
dwn1423
Not Yet Wild

Not sure...its possible, because it does seem as if cart is very fast for reverse. But I have not take pot off or diconnected it (yet). When you say sets of wires reversed....would you mean the pot wired up backwards or just the black and white wires swapped. The sets of wires coming out of pot are long and short...short able to go only to the controller.
dwn1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Try disconnecting one of the long pot wires that go to the F&R micro.... and test drive it.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
bastichavez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just bought one. Not running. Just installed new batteries...got my fingers crossed! If it wont run i hope you guys can help me. {C:
bastichavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We can if you start a new thread in the right area like Ezgo Electric for ezgo electrics And give as much info as you can like yr model, history. Don't tag onto an old thread like this you won't get as much response....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO