lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
kaverryan
Not Yet Wild

Default '97 TXT reed switch circuit

I've been a long time lurker here and this site has been very valuable. Thanks!

This is my first post.

I am considering some type of security "kill" switch for my cart. I read a post that mentioned the reed switch circuit. If I were to install a switch that would send the required 36v to that circuit I believe it would make the cart unusable.

My question is while unattended will this drain the batteries? I'm comfortable with this idea while the charger is plugged in, but what about when it's not?
kaverryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '97 TXT reed switch circuit

Actually if you put an on/off switch in line of the red/white wire coming out of the back side of the charger receptacle you will be cutting power in the reed switch circuit thus disabling the cart. So, there will be no drain, just a disabled cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO