lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #21
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How many rounds (18 holes) golf should you get?

Hey Jazz, does your 08 battery tub have the divider down the middle or do you have the one with the run/tow switch on the back wall? If you have the one with the switch on the back then your conversion will be easy and cheap.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

I've had a couple of precedents with the 12 volt batteries and I've hated them. I am switching to 6 x 8V as soon as I can afford it. I never have had runtime issues with any DS I've owned with 8V batteries.
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #23
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Hey Jazz, does your 08 battery tub have the divider down the middle or do you have the one with the run/tow switch on the back wall? If you have the one with the switch on the back then your conversion will be easy and cheap.
The conversion can be done nearly for nothing either way, just a lot less work if electronics are located in motor compartment. Still if electronics are in the tub you just have to do a little cutting to fit the 8 volts, electronics stay in the middle.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #24
hanny
Getting Wild

I just replaced my batteries in my 2008 precedent. the cart will go 36 holes pretty easy. paul
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
Dhenryjr
Getting Wild
Club Car

Two best things I have done to my 2005 Precedent. first, was the change over from 12 volt batteries to 8 volt batteries. Second was buying and installing a digital meter from Scotty B.
Dhenryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhenryjr View Post
Two best things I have done to my 2005 Precedent. first, was the change over from 12 volt batteries to 8 volt batteries. Second was buying and installing a digital meter from Scotty B.
I noticed you have the club car 48-12 reducer on your cart. Where did you buy it and is it the 20 amp model?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #27
Dhenryjr
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I noticed you have the club car 48-12 reducer on your cart. Where did you buy it and is it the 20 amp model?
I purchased it from my local club car distributor. It was around 100.00. I know there are less expensive and cheaper ones on the net, but i had them install it when they did my battery install and 12 v to 8 v concersion.
Dhenryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #28
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanny View Post
I just replaced my batteries in my 2008 precedent. the cart will go 36 holes pretty easy. paul
Hanny, what was your pack voltage after 36 holes? Was it below 48.96 volts (60%)?
Jazz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car