lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #51
crash test dummy

Default Re: 2008 club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.lo7698 View Post
Ok...is it gonna hurt to run the cart with the paper clip for the weekend?
this is for testing , i would not run it long term
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #52
tvj503
Getting Wild

David, what is the connector on the right? How difficult is it to access the 2 connector pin on the MCOR? Looks like its pretty well under the cart frame. Boy, can't you see my mechanical skills coming out? I know diddly squat about something like this but don't mind giving it a try.....ask me about trout fishing, accounting, etc. I old love to have the PDF file, crash test dummy. Thanks
tvj503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #53
t.lo7698
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
this is for testing , i would not run it long term
Thats what I figured.
t.lo7698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #54
tvj503
Getting Wild

Ok, back to the shop and located the connectors on the MCOR. Doesn't want to come out easy at all. Appears to have some type of clip on the end of the plug. Does this go in or out? Any suggestions on getting it out without breaking the end of the connector?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #55
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Just squeeze the tab, wiggle, and pull. It'll come out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #56
t.lo7698
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know if this is a new product or used, and what generation pedal does an 09 CC precedent have?
http://cartbarn.com/mcor-motor-contr...cart-mcor.html
t.lo7698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #57
tvj503
Getting Wild

David, jumped the two pin connector as you described. Did it with the ignition on and off and never heard the solenoid click. Repeated the procedure several times w/o hearing the click. Then I inserted the paper clip and switched the ignition on. Heard the solenoid click. put connector back in and drove cart a short ways. Cut out/off as it did before. Just wondering.....when I attempted to reset the obc earlier this week, I never heard the reverse buzzer during the procedure. Any relationship between the 2 procedures?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #58
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You're confusing me now. Are you doing this with the car in run? Why did you reinsert the plug? Drive the car with the paperclip in the plug. OBC reset has nothing to do with the buzzer. But the OBC putting the car into sleep mode does. The buzzer wont sound until the OBC tells the controller to wake up. This can be done by cycling the Accel pedal or inserting and removing a charger plug.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #59
tvj503
Getting Wild

I didn't understand that I was to drive it with the paper clip in the plug. So to be clear-cart in Run, disconnect pin connector, insert paper clip, ignition switch to On and drive...correct? Sequence correct as well?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #60
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I think the limit switch in the MCOR is dropping out. By jumping the two pin connector in the end of the plug you're bypassing the switch that I believe may be your issue. If the cart runs normally without dropping out with the paperclip in the plug you've found your problem. It's a test procedure. Leave your keyswitch in the ON position while you insert the paperclip. If you insert the paperclip first before you turn the switch on the car will not run because it will think the pedal is depressed before the keyswitch it turned on. This will trigger a High Pedal Detect code and won't run at all. So leave the keyswitch in, car in run, install paperclip, Drive car. If car fails the problem is elsewhere. If car operates perfectly without dropping out like you've described you are to replace the MCOR switch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car