lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #21
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Personality Plug Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchCraft View Post
Well then I'll make my own. I've never crimped an end that big before though.

Does anyone have a source handy for 1Ga or 2Ga cable, terminals and the tool(s) I'll need to do this?

Thanks again for the speedy replies guys.

eBay.

sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchCraft View Post
1. Thanks JB, you are a mountain of wealth on here. As you point out it does seem that the two wires going to the controller are a heavier gauge than the actual battery interconnection cables on my cart.

2. I've been looking around at prices for cable sets. Does a set of 2 gauge cables really cost $275? Where and how much are you guys and gals getting 2 gauge cables from?

3. If I have this right JB, if I put in 2 gauge cables this will help get 23" tires moving more efficiently because of the increase in torque. So in effect no speed gain from the thicker cables, but instead torque to help get things moving.

4. I know I mentioned in another thread that I thought 20MPH would be good enough, but I drove the crap out of my cart today to see what kind of distance I can expect and many times had cars piling up behind me. It looks like I'm striving for the 25MPH speed limit, or as close as possible.

5. I put on roughly 8 miles today and my bar graph meter moved down 4 LEDs.

6. Someone on here mentioned to try and not go down below 70% before a recharge.

7. Does my range sound typical?
1. Apparently EZGO didn't make any wiring changes between 2008 and 2009 PDS carts.

2. Here are the cables I use (Kit #11): http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter..._Upgrades.html

3. You got it. Due to the intrinsic resistance of the cable conductors alone, your are loosing some place in the neighborhood of 1-HP when your 300A controller is wide open and by going to 2Ga you drop the to less than 1/2HP loss. (1-HP = 746Watts). Chart attached.

4. Going to a controller that doesn't limit motor RPM (IE: DCX400 or 500) will up your speed to a bit over 27MPH with your currently installed 21" tires.

5. LED Bar-graph battery meters lie more than politicians. Do yourself and your batteries a favor and get a DVM type battery meter. This is the one I use: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html

6. Deep-Cycle Lead-Acid Wet-Cell batteries have no voltage memory issues, so there is no need to discharge them to any specified point before recharging and they ought to be recharged after each use. In fact, the higher the average State of Charge is maintained, the longer their lifespan.
Here are charts showing % SoC vs Voltage and Average SoC vs lifespan.

7. You cannot tell using an LED Bar-graph type battery meter unless you know what the SoC is when the bar moves down 4 LEDs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Power Loss vs Cable Size.JPG (41.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (66.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SoC vs Theoretical Charge cycles with Voltages-2.JPG (114.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #23
RitchCraft
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks again JB! Thanks for the sources, going to order the meter and cables.
RitchCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #24
RitchCraft
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just ordered cable kit #11. Thanks again JB!
RitchCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post

6. Deep-Cycle Lead-Acid Wet-Cell batteries have no voltage memory issues, so there is no need to discharge them to any specified point before recharging and they ought to be recharged after each use. In fact, the higher the average State of Charge is maintained, the longer their lifespan.
Here are charts showing % SoC vs Voltage and Average SoC vs lifespan.
That means you should buy a DPI charger from ScottyB. Batteries are expensive, so they should be well cared for.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO