lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2022, 12:08 PM   #1
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Waffling, Club Car DS with ScottyB C54 kit, update or get a new one ?

So here's the dilemma... 5 yrs ago Scotty led me thru updating the 94 ds resistor cart to his C54 kit.. aka Alltrax SR48500, HD solenoid and F/R switch and 2g Cables.... was a nice bump from 11 to 21 mph on 20" tires. I cheated to get to 48v because the 6v batteries where brand new, so i hacked 2 more 6v batteries into the rear compartment.

Been on the fence about to go for a new cart or update this more ? frankly not looking forward to pulling it all apart again in the Florida Heat lol

Here's what I'm looking at for updates...

Jakes or similar Lift kit 6" $500-600
23" tires $500-600, Rims are 14" already so I don't need to get new ones...
Lithium Battery 105ah-160ah approx. $2600-3600 RoyPow or other.... seems like 105ah is just enough power for the options I'm seeking....
600amp/5kw Navitas upgrade approx. $2,000 I'm open to other ideas here as well...
extended roof 88" or so approx. $500
======================
approx. $6000-7000.- to upgrade..... plus some blood and a lotta sweat...

Currently my batteries are toast after 5 yrs so not seeing much interest in the "For Sale" add I have here and other places...

For NEW we kind of settled on this... price is good and has all the options she wants.

New ICON I40L Lithium Cart about $12k(27mph stock). but not aluminum frame and not made here...

The other big 3 are more expensive and looks like tough to update the speed from 19mph...

Boy prices have gone up on carts!

Trying to decide if an extra $3k for the new one is worth it...

What do you guys think ?

Mike... still pondering....
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2022, 07:47 PM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Waffling, Club Car DS with ScottyB C54 kit, update or get a new one ?

I'm gonna vote for keeping what you have and building it exactly as you want; anyone can buy a new cart and be like all the rest.........!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:45 PM   #3
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Waffling, Club Car DS with ScottyB C54 kit, update or get a new one ?

Unless the Breeze cart guys in Englewood FL wow me, looks like I'm gonna just update it.... selling it wasn't going well... 1 person I'll take it then a few hours later.. nope... pain...

Starting to price out stuff.. doing just these 3 updates for the moment...

- Jakes or similar Lift kit 6" $500-600.. All Sports lift, anybody have experience with them ?

- 23" tires $500-600, Rims are 14" already so I don't need to get new ones...

- Boy lotta options here....... Lithium Battery 105ah-160ah approx. $2500-300

RoyPow or other.... seems like 105ah is just enough power for the options I'm seeking....

Looking at the RoyPow options for 48v 105ah and I see the power version of this...

wondering if that alltrax sr48500 500 amp controller with a 1994 stock 36v ds motor is gonna need the power version ?

time to get look at specs.. lol
Old 04-30-2022, 12:10 PM   #4
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

I think Jakes is the only lift with front brakes if that matters.
I upgraded mine with that kit and upgraded the motor after wanting more, were I to do it again, I would go AC for regen braking among others
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:18 AM   #5
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

So, current status....

Really liked the guys at Breeze Carts, they are really making as many parts and using as many USA parts as they can. I saw the jigs to make aluminum frames etc... I was impressed....

Currently I am working with them to update my cart... After hearing what I had they said it's the most cost effective, apricated that he didn't try to sell me a new cart :)

Convert to a roypow 105ah...

Install a new motor... currently it's the original stock 2hp 36v running at 48v...

They install D&D but I don't know what version yet.

Last thing I sent was a link to Plum Quick for...

https://plumquick.com/custom-built-m...nake-club-car/ 14.2hp $750 28-30mph 50% more torque

I want this or similar.... I conversed with Scottyb and talked to PlumQuick and they said this will work with the alltrax sr48500 and c54 kit from Scotty as well as the RoyPow 105ah.

Can't wait to get started :)
Old 05-09-2022, 10:22 AM   #6
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well, It didn't work with Breeze Carts, nobodies fault I just didn't want to pay them to do what I can do myself. So Looking at RoyPow 105ah. I talked to Plumquick and after the RoyPow install I may send my motor to them for an upgrade to the rattlesnake.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:09 AM   #7
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok RoyPow 105ah ordered... went for Universal charging port since I have a 3 blade plug currently and that didn't match the precedent option they offered...

Wish I hadn't tossed my back out a few days back, I want to get all those batteries out and start cleaning it up for the update :(
Old 05-12-2022, 05:16 PM   #8
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Got the 4" Jakes A-Arm lift today. This is more for a better ride than the lifting factor.... but will also allow me to go from 20" to 22 " tires in the future...

Took out all the batteries and took the back body off.. Will clean it all up tomorrow...

For tonight I'm scheming :)

From the RoyPow spec sheet, this thing will measure...

S51105 18.11 x 13.15 x 9.13

Found a few threads on this install in a early 94 DS like mine, turn it 90 degrees, make a tray and have at it...

I attached a different battery install idea...

What about behind the axle ?

I made a cardboard template and it will fit with some body hacking under the back seat...

It will be close with regard to fitting under the back seat but i have plenty of material to trim off if needed...

Yes I'm trying to do wheelies :)

Am I insane ? don't answer that...

Anybody tried this and found major issue's I'm not thinking of ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 280175845_624980285870755_6997283283706973302_n.jpg (130.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-12-2022, 07:59 PM   #9
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wouldn't the bag well hit it back there?
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:19 AM   #10
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yup, I have no problem removing as much as I need to make the battery fit, it will mostly be under the backseat anyway...

Got the front end done last night, will do the back end today and cleanup then put up some pics :)

Still waiting on the RoyPow..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car