lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2022, 08:53 AM   #1
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Default Accelerator(Throttle) Response

I think the accelerator response is about the only thing I dont like on my new i40. Its very hard to maintain a constant speed on the low end. Almost like an on off switch. Anyone else had this issue? This is on the new 2022 with icon controller with firmware 200.

I'm going to dig into the software and see what I can find out, but I dont see a throttle curve like I expected.

On the 05 Paddle tab I see the following:
05.01.01 - Throttle Type = 2 (2:AI_DI) *(I'm assuming this means it has to make the limit switch and it uses the pot once that is made)
05.01.02 - Throttle Dead-band = 0.5 *(This seems kind of high to me. I'll probably lower it down a little.
05.01.03 - Throttle Max =4.5 *(Not sure why this is set at 4.5 and not 5. I'll check my pedal range again, but pretty sure it makes it to 5v)
05.01.04 - Throttle Offset = 0
05.01.05 - Throttle Map1/4 = 10%
05.01.06 - Throttle Map1/2 = 45%
05.01.07 - Throttle DI Volt Filter Gain = 4Hz
05.01.08 - Throttle DI Ramp up = 3000 *(I'm a little confused by this since the max is listed at 30)
05.01.09 - Throttle DI Ramp Down = 1000 *(Max listed at 1000)
05.01.10 - Throttle Min Speed = 0

So I would think the Throttle Map parameters would create a curve. But it sure does not feel like one. I'll probably adjust these and see what effect they have.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2022, 09:45 AM   #2
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Default Re: Accelerator(Throttle) Response

Problem solved. I changed:

05.01.02 - Throttle Dead-band = 0.25
05.01.05 - Throttle Map1/4 = 25%
05.01.06 - Throttle Map1/2 = 50%

Much better and smoother on the bottom end.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:03 AM   #3
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by __JAG__ View Post
Problem solved. I changed:

05.01.02 - Throttle Dead-band = 0.25
05.01.05 - Throttle Map1/4 = 25%
05.01.06 - Throttle Map1/2 = 50%

Much better and smoother on the bottom end.
I was going to mention exactly what you set 1/4 and 1/2 at which I have put into many carts... You beat me to it!
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 11:07 AM   #4
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInDaytona View Post
I was going to mention exactly what you set 1/4 and 1/2 at which I have put into many carts... You beat me to it!
Yeah not sure why they set them like that from the factory. Throttle response was horrible.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:57 PM   #5
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I have the same issue of the on/off feel of the throttle, although I experience it at any throttle setting. The cart is either accelerating or decelerating with no in between. I tried changing the dead band from .1 to 5 and could not tell any difference in performance. I did change the map settings to 25% and 50% as was suggested. There must be some other setting that is causing this but haven't found it yet.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #6
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
I have the same issue of the on/off feel of the throttle, although I experience it at any throttle setting. The cart is either accelerating or decelerating with no in between. I tried changing the dead band from .1 to 5 and could not tell any difference in performance. I did change the map settings to 25% and 50% as was suggested. There must be some other setting that is causing this but haven't found it yet.
I can upload all my settings and post them if you want to compare. But changing the map settings is all it took on mine. Have you monitored your throttle voltage? Is it nice and smooth? My switch comes on when the pot voltage is around 0.2v and I get a max of 4.7, so i changed my max from 4.5 to 4.7.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:24 AM   #7
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

Quote:
I can upload all my settings and post them if you want to compare. But changing the map settings is all it took on mine. Have you monitored your throttle voltage? Is it nice and smooth? My switch comes on when the pot voltage is around 0.2v and I get a max of 4.7, so i changed my max from 4.5 to 4.7.
I would think leaving it at 4.5 would be better. I say this because, what if, over time something changes, and it maxes out at 4.6. You will not get to 4.7, and you will be cheating yourself out of max speed...
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:07 AM   #8
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
I will try monitoring the voltage. I have no interest in increasing my top speed, 25 is fine for me. I just want to fix this issue. I would have thought the deadband setting would be the solution so there is some hysteresis on the control loop.

If there is some way to send me your settings it would be intersting to compare. I have the 450A controller.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:59 AM   #9
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInDaytona View Post
I would think leaving it at 4.5 would be better. I say this because, what if, over time something changes, and it maxes out at 4.6. You will not get to 4.7, and you will be cheating yourself out of max speed...
Yeah I thought about that after I set it. It’s easy to change. So I’ll probably lower it a bit next time I connect.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:58 AM   #10
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Jag,

See attachments for further info/explain action of the paddle/throttle parameters.

KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon