lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2022, 09:58 AM   #1
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Default 36 volt solid state with V-Glide DS super slow

I picked up a 1992 Club Car DS with solid state control and V-Glide.
Batteries are brand new in March and yes fully charged and golf cat batteries.
I got it home and it is slow I bought it knowing it had issues. I unhooked the black wire on the limit switches for half speed reverse. that actually help the car in forward and revers. it would hardly move the cart with it hooked up.
I changed the motor with a good motor and that seemed to help. I then hooked up a hand held pot switch to bypass the V-Glide that didn't seem to help anything same speeds. Can it be the Controller? Curtis 1204-015?
I hooked my meter to the - battery post and the positive to A2 I believe and I had 36.5v and 37.6v with pedal down and motor turning Does this sound correct? I wonder if I am getting enough voltage but not enough amps? Is my controller failing? I am going to hook up an alltrax controller I have that is 5k-0 and try it out I will have to use my hand held speed controller to control the speed as the V-Glide I think is 0-to 5k. does anyone have any thoughts on this before I get any deeper is there something I am missing? when I say the cart is slow I am talking 3 to 3mph max
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2022, 10:28 AM   #2
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Default Re: 36 volt solid state with V-Glide DS super slow

I was thinking I will load test the batteries as maybe they have good surface voltage but not under load. I do recall the guy saying they were not wired in correctly when they first installed them. He said he wired them in the same as the old batters but apparently it wasn't wired correctly had some positives hooked to each other or something.
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:02 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 36 volt solid state with V-Glide DS super slow

I’d start by checking all your cables and connections. Make sure they’re all clean and tight. Then, load testing the entire pack. Put your meter on the pack + and - and drive the cart full pedal, up a hill if you have one. Tires in the air on jack stands won’t cut it, gotta load the motor and electrical system up.

38.2 being a “full charge” dropping to mid 34’s or so on a stock cart is pretty normal. Dropping much below 34v spells trouble in either a connection or bad battery. Can load test individual batteries if that’s the case.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car