lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2022, 06:08 AM   #1
HoleIn12
Not Yet Wild

Default my cart finally delivered

My ICON finally delivered yesterday. I am going to go over it with a fine-tooth comb after a few quality discrepancies found, nothing super major, but I am just particular like that :-)

- All four bolts of the back part of the seat were way loose (tightened)
- on the drivers side under the headlight area in the wheel well, wires just hanging down (I will re-tuck them)
- Empty plug coming out of the controller
- there is a wire bundle screw on plug that goes into the charger on drivers side, it is zip tied in place, but is extremely tight (will loosen just a little bit)

In the pics, you will see a plug just hanging there. It is coming out of the controller. In taking a few secs to look, I don't see another end.... test point? If so, why wouldn't they cover it up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (193.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dash.jpg (206.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg plate.jpg (192.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wire.jpg (185.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg plug.jpg (184.9 KB, 0 views)
HoleIn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2022, 06:36 AM   #2
derelicte
Gone Wild

Default Re: my cart finally delivered

the mysterious drive connector! I've been studying all the wiring diagrams to try to figure out what connector is for. I even asked about it just this past weekend but I nobody has a chimed in.

As for why it isn't covered up, they are just being cheap and/or the connector isn't used for anything so why bother. There are other open connectors in the cart, you just need to look for them. The only one they plug seems to be the controller programming port.

Enjoy!
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:50 AM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: my cart finally delivered

nice-looking cart
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon