lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2022, 06:53 AM   #1
derelicte
Gone Wild

Default Another LVTong Icon/AEV sibling

Looks like LVTong has at least one more company rebranding their carts. My neighbor just got a new cart delivered labeled Elite on the hood and speedometer. It is a lifted 4 seater with the 450a controller in a nice shade of darker red. It also has the nicer plastic (instead of the tubular metal) arm rests on the front seat. It also doesn't use the icon/aev key. Just some random single sided key like you would find on a cheap padlock.

A funny detail is they used the AEV wheel caps. I guess Elite didn't spring for the full branding package. :D

I bugs me though that they put a 450a controller in a 4 seater but not my 6 seater.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2022, 03:43 PM   #2
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Another LVTong Icon/AEV sibling

Lord only knows how many variations they really make. I bet as many as they have customers requesting.

For the controller, what's the concern? I've got the 350a on my lifted 6 and it does 32 mph all day long. Truthfully though I don't understand the significance. I assume that's the max number of amps it can send to the motor. Since my roypows have 315 amps discharge for 30 seconds max it's probably better for my purposes. Could be wrong though.
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:22 AM   #3
derelicte
Gone Wild

The higher current controller would have more margin and increased reliability. Also my lithium batteries can produce 600a for 3 seconds. It would be nice to take advantage of that for initial acceleration.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:26 AM   #4
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
The higher current controller would have more margin and increased reliability. Also my lithium batteries can produce 600a for 3 seconds. It would be nice to take advantage of that for initial acceleration.
That's the same thing I am trying to accomplish. I haven't found the right combination (read minimum values to change) to increase torque in the lower RPMS.

I did notice if you enable the 07Torque tab, the cart won't move until you go back to Speed Mode.
Stroked250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:43 AM   #5
derelicte
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked250 View Post
I did notice if you enable the 07Torque tab, the cart won't move until you go back to Speed Mode.
I wondered why the tabs skip numbers.

Do you have to use a different login to enable the torque tab? I haven't played with those yet.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:07 PM   #6
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I wondered why the tabs skip numbers.

Do you have to use a different login to enable the torque tab? I haven't played with those yet.
I am not in front of my cart right now, so I am going off of memory.

On the SpeedMode tab (I think) there is a parameter that is a pull down for a 1 or 0 value only. The parameter should say something similar to

1. Speed
2. Torque

Put it into Torque and refresh the tuner window. You will now have 07Torque as a tab with a bunch of new torque parameters. I didn't play in the tab but I had to put it back into speed mode for the cart to work. If I left it torque mode, it wouldn't budge.

I will try to connect to my cart tonight and provide the exact parameters but I hope this gives some idea on what to look for.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:21 PM   #7
derelicte
Gone Wild

huh. Are you talking about parameter 06.02.01 (speed response mode)? my choices are 0 (simple) and 1 (complex). Mine is set to 1.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:29 PM   #8
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
huh. Are you talking about parameter 06.02.01 (speed response mode)? my choices are 0 (simple) and 1 (complex). Mine is set to 1.
No, not 06.02.01. There should be another parameter on one of the tabs that has an option for Speed or Torque.

I will try to confirm a bit later and provide the exact parameter number.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:35 PM   #9
derelicte
Gone Wild

please let me know if you find it. I can't find any setting with parameters labeled speed or torque mode.

is anyone brave enough to try and disable the current limits (10.01.01)?
Old 05-25-2022, 05:23 PM   #10
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

I was wrong on the tab where the setting is.

The parameter to enter torq mode is 03.01.03 on mine. I am logged in as admin.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon