lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2022, 07:21 PM   #1
alesv
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 ezgo 36 series lacks power

I read a lot about series carts being slow but this cart will stop on slight inclines and you can almost walk faster. And yes Batteries are new and test well under load. So I started doing Scotty’s test listed in his on his web site. I found a couple things.
1. ITS is out of range getting .1 low and 4.1 fully depress across. White wire and B- Scotty calls for .4-.6 and 1.5-1.7.

2. Controller out put. ( First part is confusing for me)
Instructions say I should see battery pack volts then depress and should go to 0 however didn’t say we’re to probe. I assume same as input test (B- and B+) Igot battery pack but stays same when depressed.

Second part says (M- and B+) should see 0 volts then increase to battery pack
I get get 22.5 volts
From there it it says voltage should be same as across (B- and B+) which I have battery pack. 37 volts.

This cart has a FSIP 51 ezgo ITS converter on it with a Curtis 1204 ITS (D) 36-48 volt 550 amp. And I don’t have a history of the cart. So I’m not sure if it’s stock
So my question are:
1. If ITS is out of range will that make the controller output out of range too?
2. Is the Controller shot due to it being out of range?
3. Will a bad FSIP converter give me false reading?
4. Can this FSIP converter be tested and how?
In the end I just don’t want to throw parts at it especially a controller.
Sorry for the long post
alesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2022, 09:16 PM   #2
alesv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 ezgo 36 series lacks power

Update if I test ITS white wire before the converter I get the respectable voltage. But after it now reads same in low end and 8.1 volt high end.
Can I bypass this converter
alesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO