lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
kfp673
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Final few issues with my G16

Hello All,

I am looking for some input on what my causing these things on my cart. First- this cart is used at a campground on the weekends so it sits all week. Because of that I expect to use the choke but each weekend the first start takes close to a minute of cranking before it fires almost like the fuel has completely drained. After that it runs OK although I do have to choke it if it sits more then an hour or so. Any ideas???

Second, I think it might be time for a clutch but would like to hear your opinion. When driving the cart is a bit loud and "clangy" and when I coast to a stop it make a sound almost like a miniature Jake Brake. When I run in neutral is sounds fine so I don't think it is the engine. Even though it is 13 years old I would like to get it running quite like new. Any ideas? If it is the clutch how difficult of a job is it? Thanks in advance!

Kevin
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Final few issues with my G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
Hello All,

I am looking for some input on what my causing these things on my cart. First- this cart is used at a campground on the weekends so it sits all week. Because of that I expect to use the choke but each weekend the first start takes close to a minute of cranking before it fires almost like the fuel has completely drained. After that it runs OK although I do have to choke it if it sits more then an hour or so. Any ideas???

Second, I think it might be time for a clutch but would like to hear your opinion. When driving the cart is a bit loud and "clangy" and when I coast to a stop it make a sound almost like a miniature Jake Brake. When I run in neutral is sounds fine so I don't think it is the engine. Even though it is 13 years old I would like to get it running quite like new. Any ideas? If it is the clutch how difficult of a job is it? Thanks in advance!

Kevin
First item
Check for an airleak on the filterbox. Make sure all the clips are clipped on and you are getting a good seal. How old is the gas?

Second item
Take the cover off the clutch and check the rollers and see if they are flat spotted. They are on the end of the three arms on the outside of the clutch. I bet they are flat spotted.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

""""If it is the clutch how difficult of a job is it? Thanks in advance!""""
If you like motors and stuff it is not hard, you will need to check for wear and tear.
Slop and wiggle is hard to explain through a key board but can be obvious in person.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
cart de golf
Gone Wild

the fuel line are puling air

replace them with new one ,

also ajust the valves .004 cold tdc
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha