lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
ncreb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Red face Castle nuts and locked brake...

Hello,

I have picked up my recently purchased 1990 marathon from the cart shop. I was told that despite the looks of the cart (check my photo album) everything works. Everything being motor, controller etc. I was told that I need a new steering system and new brakes. I told my neighbor who is a mechanic what they said and he took a quick look at it and said I just need to tighten the castle nuts in the steering system and probably clean and adjust the brakes. Then he left on vacation for two weeks.

My problem is I don't know what how to do that. Can some one please tell me how to tighten a castle nut? Just seems to spin. And where do I begin to clean and adjust brakes? Thanks for any help.

I pick up my new batteries tomorrow evening and would like to take it for a spin if I can fix these two things.
ncreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO