lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
mikes
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel pump pulse line full of oil??

Hi guys. Have a 90 club car with a flathead engine. Im getting alot of oil in the lower fuel pump pulse line, so much so that it blocks the pulse and the pump stops working. I also noticed that there is another port/cover at the vale springs. Well I put my pulse line to the valve spring port and plugged the lower port to make it through the weekend. Anyone have an idea why so much oil is coming out of that lower port? I checked the oil level the way the instructions say and the level is fine in the cross hatch. Could the engine be in at the wrong angle?? I did change the oil and it got worse which makes me believe its an oil level issue but even when the level is low i still get some oil in that lower line to eventualy stop the fuel pump. Thanks for any help!
mikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuel pump pulse line full of oil??

If the cart has been lifted the oil dipstick may need to be recalibrated due to a change in engine angle.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
mikes
Not Yet Wild

wow thanks for the super fast reply!! The cart is stock though. Is oil level the only cause of this issue? I did an oil change( was doing it before oil change to but not quite as bad), oil level is now 3/4 up into the crosshatch area, thing will pump oil like crazy. Im going to drain some out so level is at bottom of crosshatch and see how that works. Engine was supposedly rebuilt one time, are there any internal baffels that could have been left out? I dont have a breakdown of internal engine parts. Thanks!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry Mike, i'm not familiar with the internal workings of that motor we will have to wait for more help....to see why it is pumping oil?
Old 09-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum mikes..............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If the cart has been lifted the oil dipstick may need to be recalibrated due to a change in engine angle.

Why would lifting a cart change the engine angle? Doesn`t the lift ,lift it all the same? Going to lift my 96 gasser shortly and thats something I didn`t know. Not Yeller here its already lifted and its electric
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Lift kits work by increasing the distance between the body (and frame) to the differential. The swing arm the motor is mounted on is fixed to the frame in front and the axle in the rear. The more you separate the two the greater the angle the swing arm sets at. Carts like this Club car will need to have the dipstick re marked with the proper "new" full mark after the lift...This can be done by changing the oil and putting in just the specified amount. Then check and remark. PS: Carts like this CC the swing arm is in danger of 'falling off' the front mount if it is raised much over 6 inches. IMO
Old 09-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

I`m putting on a 6" spindle lift. Guess I need to keep an eye on the oil dipstick and the front mount....Thanks
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #9
mikes
Not Yet Wild

what amout is specified for a 1990 flat head?? I measure the dip stick like is mentioned on sticker and it falls in the middle of the good area.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:04 AM   #10
oliver28472
Getting Wild

40 ounces per the manual for flathead.
oliver28472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car