lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2024, 11:25 AM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: EzGo TXT Sepex 36x 48v LiFePo4 conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGO Park View Post
I have seen several threads on this topic but I’m hoping to tap into your collective advice on this topic to better understand the minimum needed to tackle this project.

I have the following:
2001 (3 bolts through the floor) EZGO TXT 36V stock batteries.

My primary concern is more torque and longer distance / drive time. An increase in speed is not as important. I installed the "speed jumper wire" and the cart already maxes at 18/19 mph.

I am in the process of buying a new battery and am going to convert to LiFePo4. I wanted to find out what is the minimum that has to be converted if I decide to step up to 48 volts when I make my new battery purchase?

I’ve seen several say that I can use my stock motor for a while but will need 1.) new charger
2.) new solenoid
3.) new speed controller

A few other locations stated that I will only HAVE to change out the solenoid but will most likely want to want to change the speed controller down the road.

Not including the charger, what is the bare minimum I can spend / need to change at this time to convert to 48V?

Will I increase my run time with a 48V system?

It is primarily used in neighborhoods on the road with moderate hills.

Is it worth the extra cost or would I be better off selling this model and just moving to a different machine? The cart is in excellent condition and no rust.

Thank you for your help and sharing your expertise!
For normal use a 36v motor will work fine for 48v I know with series motors you will get both a torque and speed increase but im not sure what your cart has and if results will be the same. I took mine from 36v to 48 which was by far the biggest bang for the buck improvement vs high peak power controllers and other upgrades and then I did it again now running my 36v stock motor on 76v.. the cart will actually pop a small wheelie at takeoff now. It now does 26mph which is plenty since most of the time ill be putting around under 10 if your cart does happen to be a series cart you have a lot of options including an inexpensive 500a curtis 1205m clone off ebay or amazon..

If you go to my threads I have a G8 project thread about my $750 94 g8 cart.. if your is a series cart it can maybe give you some ideas. my cart was also rust free and the perfect platform for me. I did buy a d5d high torque motor but ive not installed it yet. This is for future mods like larger wheels and hunting use.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2024, 11:30 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EzGo TXT Series 36x 48v conversion?

If you have the speed jumper wire I am assuming that you have a sepex pds cart with the FnR toggle on the dash. You will need 1,2 and 3 at a minimum. The motor will be okay for a little while but it doesn’t like 48v normally. If all you are looking for is a little more umph just the controller and a new solenoid will get you up to low 20s with a good bit more torque at 36v.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #13
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
I have seen several threads on this topic but I’m hoping to tap into your collective advice on this topic to better understand the minimum needed to tackle this project.

I have the following:

My primary concern is more torque and longer distance / drive time. An increase in speed is not as important. I installed the "speed jumper wire" and the cart already maxes at 18/19 mph.

I am in the process of buying a new battery and am going to convert to LiFePo4. I wanted to find out what is the minimum that has to be converted if I decide to step up to 48 volts when I make my new battery purchase?

I’ve seen several say that I can use my stock motor for a while but will need 1.) new charger
2.) new solenoid
3.) new speed controller

A few other locations stated that I will only HAVE to change out the solenoid but will most likely want to want to change the speed controller down the road.

Not including the charger, what is the bare minimum I can spend / need to change at this time to convert to 48V?

Is it worth the extra cost or would I be better off selling this model and just moving to a different machine? The cart is in excellent condition and no rust.

Probably need to start a new thread here as the thread you are responding to is over 3 years old and the original title and answers were related to series motors.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 01:49 PM   #14
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

I have the following:

2.) new solenoid
3.) new speed controller

Here are some questions to ask yourself .
How fast is fast do I want to go?
How much torque do I want?
How much money do I want to spend to achieve my goals?

Compare the cost of upgrading your DC drive to the more modern AC drive. AC will give you the best of both worlds and is all in one package so you won’t be nickel and dime to death. Keep in mind any working parts you remove have value on the used market and can offset the cost of any upgrade. Plum Quick has a number of motor options to suit your needs if you choose.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 04:09 PM   #15
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
Probably need to start a new thread here as the thread you are responding to is over 3 years old and the original title and answers were related to series motors.
Yeah its sure got me confused..
Old 01-20-2024, 09:16 AM   #16
robsm1th
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Yeah its sure got me confused..
I'd be up for a new thread here too. I just got an '04 TXT and have a lot of the same questions. THX!
robsm1th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 10:31 AM   #17
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Wink Re: EzGo TXT Sepex 36x 48v LiFePo4 conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsm1th View Post
I'd be up for a new thread here too. I just got an '04 TXT and have a lot of the same questions. THX!
Then start one and ask

Tags
conversion, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO