lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
ncorry
Getting Wild

Default Questions on new EFI PTV Drive2

A dealer has several of the Drive 2 PTVs on order, some EFI and some AC. cgtech told me that the new independent rear suspension is only for the EFI Drive2 and not the AC/DC or the Adventurer 2+2.

I am looking at the EFI Adventurer 2+2 with the factory 3" lift (6.7" clearance), the Drive2 PTV (5.5" clearance) and the Drive2 Fleet to replace a POS 2006 Bad Boy Buggy. I don't see anywhere that has a lift kit available for the Drive2 with last year's suspension (unit swing arm w. springs over shocks) or the new IRS on the EFI Drive2.

The EFI Adventurer 2+2 with the factory lift and 6.7" clearance with the rear swing arm suspension is about $7,500. The EFI PTV Drive2 runs about $6,400 and has 5.5" clearance. The EFI Drive Fleet is abut $6,200 and has 4.3" of clearance. I'd need a lift for the PTV or the Drive Fleet, and haven't been able to find one that specifically says it fits the Drive2. An e-mail to Jake's has not gotten a response.

My questions- Get the Adventurer with swing arm rear suspension and be done with it, get the PTV or Fleet cheaper and add a lift and other off-road stuff with aftermarket parts? If the PTV or Fleet, what lift? I'd really like to have 7-9" of clearance as this thing will never see a golf course and will be used off road hunting exclusively.
ncorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #2
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Questions on new EFI PTV Drive2

I recently bought a new 2016 Adventurer 2+2 EFI and couldn't be happier. Paid just under $7k with 8" black steel wheels. While I'm sure the IRS is going to be a great addition to the Yamaha gas carts, I am thrilled with the suspension on the Adventurer and the quality of the other accessories, the rear seat, the extended top, it's all top notch for fit and finish. I added a Plowman's kit and have a 30 mph cart that pull a couple thousand pounds of wood with 4 passengers easily.
jstanfi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
ncorry
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanfi1 View Post
I recently bought a new 2016 Adventurer 2+2 EFI and couldn't be happier. Paid just under $7k with 8" black steel wheels. While I'm sure the IRS is going to be a great addition to the Yamaha gas carts, I am thrilled with the suspension on the Adventurer and the quality of the other accessories, the rear seat, the extended top, it's all top notch for fit and finish. I added a Plowman's kit and have a 30 mph cart that pull a couple thousand pounds of wood with 4 passengers easily.
Got a link to the Plowman's kit? Is it just different gears? How loud is it, compared to the non-EFI carts? I see some info on Yamaha's site comparing the decibel readings of the EFI quiet tech against electric Club Cars and the RXV and that is hard to believe. At 25 feet on a paved golf path, the EFI registered 60.5 dB compared to 59 and 58.9 dB for the electric carts. https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/efi/

We're going from an all electric Bad Boy Buggy hunting cart to something Yamaha either AC or EFI. I've noticed that the bulk of the noise is generated by the tires on the gravel roads, and that noise level will be the same regardless of the motor/ engine.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
ncorry
Getting Wild

Oh, and does anyone know if there is a posi-trac system available for the Drive?
Old 09-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Newer ones (gas & electric) with the dana/schaffer axle will accept the posi from an ezgo RXV electric. As far as the newest "Drive 2 IRS" axle, i have no idea, havent got my hands on one yet.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #6
Atvmos
Not Yet Wild

Hello all. I just had delivered to the camp ground a 2017 Drive2 in rich brown. I really did not get a chance to use it yet but the short drive I did I can tell you it's quite and very responsive to throttle input. I do think the aftermarket lift kits are some time away though. I hope stuff comes available sooner than later.
Atvmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Here you go: http://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts.c...1459992982&v=2. It's no louder than it was really, maybe a 3-4 decibel increase with the more open air filter. No where near as quiet as an electric cart though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorry View Post
Got a link to the Plowman's kit? Is it just different gears? How loud is it, compared to the non-EFI carts? I see some info on Yamaha's site comparing the decibel readings of the EFI quiet tech against electric Club Cars and the RXV and that is hard to believe. At 25 feet on a paved golf path, the EFI registered 60.5 dB compared to 59 and 58.9 dB for the electric carts. https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/efi/

We're going from an all electric Bad Boy Buggy hunting cart to something Yamaha either AC or EFI. I've noticed that the bulk of the noise is generated by the tires on the gravel roads, and that noise level will be the same regardless of the motor/ engine.
jstanfi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:20 AM   #8
ncorry
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atvmos View Post
Hello all. I just had delivered to the camp ground a 2017 Drive2 in rich brown. I really did not get a chance to use it yet but the short drive I did I can tell you it's quite and very responsive to throttle input. I do think the aftermarket lift kits are some time away though. I hope stuff comes available sooner than later.
I got a response from Rocky at Jakes.

My question:
I am looking at a new Yamaha Drive 2 PTVs with the EFI gas engine. Do you have any lift products for the Drive 2?

The response:
At this time I have not been able to confirm that the lift equipment would be the same for the original drive. I am checking with my engineers currently and will have an answer as soon as I hear from them.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:30 AM   #9
ncorry
Getting Wild

Got another e-mail back form Jakes. Their lifts- all of them- do not fit any Yamaha with the Tru-Trak II front suspension.

So, am I stuck with the Adventurer 2+2 with the factory 3" lift and 6.7" of clearance?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha