lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2018, 09:11 PM   #11
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gas Cart Batteries

I’m running LED headlights and tails but recently purchased a 36” Bazooka party bar to use as a stereo......turns out it’s over kill in size but oh well lol.

Anyways, I’m curious how fast this sucker will drain my battery when not driving? I do have a maintainer to hook it up to when parked, but more curious if I should invest in a secondary battery to run the sound bar off of?
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2018, 06:00 AM   #12
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjonman View Post
I’m running LED headlights and tails but recently purchased a 36” Bazooka party bar to use as a stereo......turns out it’s over kill in size but oh well lol.

Anyways, I’m curious how fast this sucker will drain my battery when not driving? I do have a maintainer to hook it up to when parked, but more curious if I should invest in a secondary battery to run the sound bar off of?
The first thing to know would be how many amps the device draws, then how fast the maintainer recharges the battery. Many maintainers require the battery to be fully charged or very close to it before you hook them up. If your device pulls 5 amps and the maintainer charges at 1 amp..........
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #13
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The cheap voltmeter/usb power outlet I recently installed is more accurate than I thought. The cart would barely turn over yesterday and wouldn't start. The voltmeter said 11.9v. After all night on the maintainer the battery read 11.93v on my multimeter.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:34 PM   #14
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
The first thing to know would be how many amps the device draws, then how fast the maintainer recharges the battery. Many maintainers require the battery to be fully charged or very close to it before you hook them up. If your device pulls 5 amps and the maintainer charges at 1 amp..........
Maximum current draw according to specs page, 7 amps (Bazooka 36" party bar)

Maintainer is Battery Tender Jr. Believe its 750mA.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:47 PM   #15
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So that means at maximum output the sound bar is using power about ten times faster than the maintainer puts it back.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #16
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
So that means at maximum output the sound bar is using power about ten times faster than the maintainer puts it back.
I can always upgrade to a bigger maintainer

However, how long do you think a fully charged battery will last, parked and playing the stereo? Main thing is I’m trying to figure out if I should run extra battery
Old 02-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #17
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That answer is above my pay grade. I've gone to a bluetooth speaker, android music app, and usb charger to avoid finding out what you've asked.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:42 PM   #18
Pipesta
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I run a Optima Yellow Top with our ProBox Top. We've had the stereo on for hours and we've never been stranded. Might want to think about a deep cycle battery. A volt meter is a must as well.
Pipesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #19
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

More I think about it, since I haven’t wired the sound bar yet, I think I’m just going to toss a marine battery into the bagwell and be done with it. Sound bar already has an online fuse so no need for fuse block and never worry about being stranded.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:50 PM   #20
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a wise move. Just slap your regular battery charger on the marine battery when you are done for the day/night.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO