lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #1
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default gas cart voodoo

I have a Robin engine gas cart that I had to gap the valves on to get much power out of it. The valves haven't been closing and this has probably gone on for a while. It still doesn't have much compression, but it runs much better.

Now my question. Is there something I can put in spark plug holes or run thru intake that will clean carbon off valves any better than simply running the cart for a while? I'd like to not have to go back and reset valves again later. Fixing a friends cart.
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
BurntClutch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: gas cart voodoo

Berryman Chemtool is pretty potent stuff that will eat through most stuff, and probably help with the carbon buildup. But you probably want to do an oil change after you let it soak, then run the cart, then adjust valves one more time.
BurntClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. After I posted I ran across an old post that used sea foam. I found an old can in the shop and will try that.
Good idea to change oil and filter after all that!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Initial results after Sea Foam inconclusive. Seems to run better, but no compression. Letting it cool down to gap valves. BTW .04 inch is 1.0 mm for anyone who doesn't have a .04 feeler gauge.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ran the cart. Cooled down. compression in one slowly pumps to 20#, the other 5to10#. The cart runs much better but lack of compression not good. Valve lash didn't change much.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:17 PM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Dump a little oil down the spark plug holes and if compression goes up it's a ring issue and will need a rebuild if it doesn't raise the compression any I'd try another compression gauge and recheck it 20 lbs and 10 is really low not sure a motor would even run on that little of compression
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #7
Udloze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I work in the boating industry on pleasure crafts, alot of 2 stroke outboards, yamaha makes a product called RING FREE. use it in the fuel twice what they recommend. It will clean the inside of that engine like nothing else. You will have to do oil change if four stroke after several hours to remove all the carbon from the oil . Then use regularly as recommended to keep it clean.
Udloze is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO