lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #11
RaiderRandal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: TXT with weak spark

Hi guys.
Still no luck with trying some of the OEM parts. My brother in law has the same cart that runs so I am going to start swapping some of his parts to see if that makes any difference.

CP241 - thanks for that tip about the ground strap. I now have solid ground points across the cart and not seeing voltage drops.
RaiderRandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Good deal. If you had a voltage drop before, there's a chance that smoked the aftermarket ignitor you bought. They are built with cheap parts, so not as tolerant to voltage drops, spikes, loss of ground, etc. as the OEM units would be.

If you've got known good parts to swap around then that's a big win! let us know what you come up with :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:02 PM   #13
RaiderRandal
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys,
It’s been a while since I updated. I ended up bringing my brother in laws cart over and did lots of testing and swapping of parts. All the parts from both carts and the left over original parts didn’t make much difference (ran on bils cart but not mine). Told me there was something else.

I started swapping wires. I found that the white wire to the coil was the issue. I had tested that wire several times and had full continuity but once I switch it to the other cart it didn’t work. I broke both ends down and cleaned and replaced both ends and the other cart ran. Switched that wire back to my cart and I had full spark. It didn’t turn over so I started looking at fuel. Fuel pump and the carb were both full of junk from having gas sit for a while. I know that I should have thought about that prior but hindsight is 20/20.

Cleaned the carb but the pump was junk. Had another one here and replaced it that one and the **** thing turned over and started running. Running super rough but running. The primary (clutch on motor, might be wrong with name) would not engage so I soaked its shaft in PB blaster over night then gave it a few love taps with a rubber mallet to get it to suck in. That worked and so I buttoned up some loose items on the cart and gave it a test drive.

It runs like hell and won’t really drive with out the choke but I was able to drive around the property. I am not really surprised it doesn’t run well but not it’s on to tuning it up and getting it to run right. Also sanding off rust, painting and getting it back to a decent cart.

I think that I neede to check gap on plugs or replace depending on how fouled they are is the next step. Also adjusting all the linkages as who knows what happened with the rust over the last year and a half. Also brakes are high priority to inspect.

Thanks for the help!
Ryan
Old 02-14-2019, 02:10 AM   #14
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

i think your poor running will be mainly down to the carb not yet clean enough. There are several tiny drillings throughout that carb and all need to be spotlessly clean. maybe you can find someone with a sonic cleaning bath and give it a real good cleaning with that. Dont be tempted with the cheap replacement carbs yet as they can be more trouble than they are worth. If the original carb spindles are not worn, then it will eventually work fine once cleaned out properly. Fuel varnish and salt corrosion can all be removed one way or another. To confirm the issue is the carb, borrow a known working one and try it on your engine.

Colin
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #15
RaiderRandal
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Cartmaster.
I think that it is honestly the gasket between the carb and the block. When I pulled the carb off to clean it part of it stuck to the block and the rest of it had turned black and was hard. It doesn’t look like it is going to create a very good seal.
I’ll try the carb off of my brother in laws cart and see if it makes a difference.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO