lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
dtcohen
Not Yet Wild

Default 2pg governor

Hi,

Does anybody have a picture of the governor control arm on an ez go marathon? The cart I am working on has all the lever and the cable for the governor, but it was disconnected and it seems like the bracket that is welded to the frame behind the muffler is bent.

Thanks
dtcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
dtcohen
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2pg governor

ok, I looked through the 1988 ezgo owners manual that is posted on this website. It looks like I am missing the driven clutch cover. Maybe somebody has replaced the driven clutch on this cart at some point?

The cart is an 83 model by the serial number but it has the vertical muffler. It has clearly had some "professional" work done on it.
dtcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2pg governor

You mean you're trying to hook the governor back up? Why?

I'd say you're right it has had some 'professional' work done on it and they did a good job other than not removing the cable and lever too lol, Although I guess it's ok just in case someone wanted to hook it back up again....

At least 99% of us in here disconnect the governor, Makes them run so much better. My advice would be to leave it that way or better yet go ahead and finish the job by removing the cable and lever too and let her scream baby
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO