lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
tom4416
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Aftermarket front seat for G22 - advice and guidance needed

My front seat bottom is beyond help - plastic is cracking underneath, vinyl torn and split and the foam itself is falling apart (dry desert air is not always the best environment for some things!). The OEM seat bottom is no longer available so I'm looking at the aftermarket ones with the wood bottoms, drilled and fitted with inserts in the right places it looks like from the pictures.

Anyone using one of these and was the switch over just a matter of moving hardware? Quality versus OEM? Did you waterproof the exposed wooden bottom? Other alternatives that you would think are better?

Thanks for any helpful guidance/advice
tom4416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #2
tom4416
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Aftermarket front seat for G22 - advice and guidance needed

Well, I'll answer my own question. Got the aftermarket seat which has the wood bottom instead of plastic. It does have threaded inserts in all the right places to transfer over all the metal from the old seat. Vinyl appears to be as thick and flexible as the original material, everything fit where it was supposed to and upholstery now looks brand new. Very happy with the purchase even though it's not OEM.

Between a new OEM carb, valve adjustment, new OEM drive and generator belts, one shot lube of the clutches and this upholstery update, cart looks and runs almost new again, think it's probably good for another 10 years.
tom4416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha