lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2020, 05:48 PM   #1
mLewis89
Not Yet Wild

Default Hit bump and then 3 beeps

So I’ve got a 2011 EZGO TXT 48V. Batteries are from 2017.
My trouble is I am driving around without issue until I run across a smallish bump in the yard. When I go over this bump AT ANY SPEED the cart stops and I hear 3 beeps.
I take my foot off the throttle and then back on and the cart starts moving. I’ve been able to repeat this several times now. It seems like it’s some type of safety feature but I’m not sure. Any help would be appreciated!
mLewis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
fudd67
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hit bump and then 3 beeps

The beep you're hearing is the anti roll away you can probably duplicate the same thing by driving along and turn the key off. I would guess you have a loose wire or connection somewhere that's moving when the axle moves. This may sound like a stupid question but does your cart have rear shocks on it at some point easy go went to the rear shocks as being an option. If so I've seen them already where the motor hits the frame and cuts the speed sensor wire. Check around for loose connections and all wiring
fudd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
mLewis89
Not Yet Wild

Dumb question, which wire is speed sensor? I don’t see any cut or damaged/loose wires but maybe I’m overlooking one?
mLewis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:20 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I've seen a ton of crappy keyswitches on TXTs over the years (and the keyswitch didnt change on many models).

But, if your TXT has a key that also serves as the F&R, from the factory, that one is usually not the issue.

(but all RXV owners think it is, because its cheaper than fixing the real problem). I can only imagine how many RXV keyswitches they have sold to suckers who "self diagnosed" a "failed keyswitch", then eventually had to buy a motor brake "they swore was perfectly fine".

I dont know how much a keyswitch costs, but I know a RXV motor brake is expensive. I never suggest "let's try a keyswitch" on a RXV, but I've found myself dealing with intermittent keyswitches on TXT many times. The Txt controller acts just like it should be expected to "if the key were briefly turned off, then back on" while your cruising with the pedal down, it stops.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

CG, an RXV key switch runs roughly in the ~150 dollar range. TXT 48 in comparison is like ~30-40 dollars.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO