lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2020, 08:42 PM   #1
tcurtis11
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 EZGO TXT Solenoid Not Clicking...Jumped It

We finally got new batteries for our cart after about 6 years of it sitting.

Everything works but the solenoid does not click when you press the gas pedal AND the reverse alarm does not work. So there is no power going to the small green, orange and black wires coming from the speed controller box.

Expectedly, and most importantly, there is also no power going to the small terminals on the solenoid when you press the accelerator. However, when I jump the solenoid's positive small terminal directly to the positive connection on the batteries, it clicks like normal and then when you press the pedal, the cart drives like normal. In reverse, with the solenoid jumped directly to the batteries, the reverse alarm goes on only when you accelerate.

At first I was thinking it needs a new speed controller, but the cart accelerates as normal when you jump 12v to the solenoid. The problem is there is no volts going to the small solenoid wires.

After some research on here, it seems I have a problem with my solenoid activation circuit. It's not the key switch as I checked it with an ohms meter AND likely not the pedal box either because the reverse alarm is not getting any volts at any time (this alarm is supposed be on when in Reverse even if the key is off and the pedal is not pressed).

What could this be? I am under the impression that although the speed controller is working as normal when the solenoid is jumped, the speed controller is still malfunctioning because it is not sending volts to the solenoid and other small wires. It is a shame to have to spend $300 just to get the solenoid to click.
tcurtis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO