lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
Tfabre
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 EZGO TXT Robins 4 cycle trouble

Looking for some help on 1999 EZGO TXT with robins 4 cycle . Bought it not running changed all electronic components along with carburetor, plugs, filters, oil and belts. Got it running but here’s my issue.
Will crank right up or sometimes with one choke in neutral cranks with no issues. When in gear mainly forward it either will not crank or takes forever to crank with or without choke. Any ideas on what my issue is.

Tried to post videos but wouldn’t work. Starts in neutral no problems and starts with belt off no problems.
Tfabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 EZGO TXT Robins 4 cycle trouble

First thing to always do is adjust the valves then check the compression. Post results
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:27 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Also check you have the correct belt. If it is too tight, it may be preventing the engine to turn easily. Same scenario if the clutches have not released fully even with the correct belt. By not Cranking, i assume you mean the engine will not turn, unless you mean not firing as this is a different issue and more likely the valves as Trig says.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:26 AM   #4
Tfabre
Not Yet Wild

I have set the valves and compression is 145 and 140.
The belt is the correct one it had the same issue with the old worn out belt and with a slightly bigger belt I put on prior to this one. What I mean by cranking is it turns over strong but will not start when in gear the majority of the time but in neutral it starts right up. So I will put it in neutral and rev it up for a little while then shift to gear and it will crank.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:47 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfabre View Post
Looking for some help on 1999 EZGO TXT with robins 4 cycle . Bought it not running changed all electronic components along with carburetor, plugs, filters, oil and belts. Got it running but here’s my issue.
Will crank right up or sometimes with one choke in neutral cranks with no issues. When in gear mainly forward it either will not crank or takes forever to crank with or without choke. Any ideas on what my issue is.

Tried to post videos but wouldn’t work. Starts in neutral no problems and starts with belt off no problems.
You can make a video, upload it to youtube and l link it in your next post.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #6
Tfabre
Not Yet Wild

I tried that but apparently

vBulletin Message
An error has occurred Tfabre! You must be a registered member for at least 7 days in order to post links. You are a registered member since 0 days.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #7
Tfabre
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I have good spark when rear end is jacked off of the ground but when I put the wheels on the ground I get no spark or sporadic?
Old 10-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Do you mean it don't have enough power to drive it ?
Old 10-07-2020, 12:41 AM   #9
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Sounds like when you have it on the ground, something moves and causes an open circuit somewhere in the electrics. Check all your connectors for corrosion, make sure all grounds are good and look at all the wiring to make sure no wires are loose or broken.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:54 AM   #10
Tfabre
Not Yet Wild

Problem solved!! After testing and searching finally realized that the main drive clutch was not opening all the way. Didn’t notice it at first because it is only about 1/4 of an inch that it is not opening. Gonna pull it and clean it and see if that works if not ordering a new one. Thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO