lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2021, 06:03 PM   #1
LongsLanding
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 TXT stumbles when you press the pedal but doesn't if you ease it on slow

Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? Its a 2015 EZGO Valor with the Kawi engine. In neutral or going along at any speed, if you depress the pedal it stumbles and hesitates for 1-2 seconds and then it takes off great. It can be off a dead stop start or when going along at any speed. The stumble can make you fall forward sitting in your seat. However, if you ease the gas on intentionally slow, it doesn't do it at all. I combed the site and its common but never seen a follow up with a consistent result. It has been getting progressively worse over the last year. Its worse when cold out but still there when warm. Fuel is always fresh.
I plan to do a new plug, fuel filter, check fuel lines, fuel flow, throttle cable setting, check for air leak around boot etc, but everyone else on the forums has done this with out it resolving the issue.

Does anyone have insight? Does it sound like a fuel starvation issue or too much fuel? Thank you!
LongsLanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2021, 06:07 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2015 TXT stumbles when you press the pedal but doesn't if you ease it on slow

Has it always done that? Sounds like carburetor issue...if it hasn't been doing it from new, I would recommend pulling the carb and cleaning very well. Pull the jets, clean them out, etc.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:43 PM   #3
LongsLanding
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2015 TXT stumbles when you press the pedal but doesn't if you ease it on slow

Started doing it this last winter. I will do all the stuff I mentioned above and clean the carb. Hoping that gets it back to normal.
LongsLanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I was gonna suggest some basic maintenance tune up stuff, sounds like you're on it. Do that and see how she does.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I would just install a new spark plug in it first and see how it runs.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO