lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
coolbob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool cart move's on and off

hi everybody !

long that iv'e been on the forum !!!

here is my problem. my club car 1995, 48 volt wont move intermittent, on and off it just wont move it tries but wont go. i dont hear the solenoid click all the time . Can somebodie help me . Thank you

Coolbob
coolbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: cart move's on and off

start with basics, water level , voltage, cables are they clean and tight if so get your self a peice of six gage jumper cable and when it quits try jumping large post on solenoid if ir runs replace solenoid............they do go bad where they will work when they feel like it and from what your posting it sounds like you have one going bad..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
coolbob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Wink Re: cart move's on and off

tried the cart today and everything is ok, but i still checked the wiring on the solenoid and found one of the small post with one wire and something like a fuse that was very loose thighten everything and seem ok. i will try it again tomorrow.

thank's

Coolbob
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
coolbob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

well bad news ! i tried it again today it was working so i unconnected that wire and it would not move so i put it back and surprise it did not move.so i jump the solenoid and it moved so i guess the solenoid is bad.i checked the number on the solenoid 008016 its a 36 volts and i have a 48 volt ???? should i put the original solenoid 1118. what would be the purpuse of putting a 36 volt solenoid

thank's Coolbob
Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

bob, get a 48 volt white rodgers HD solenoid and while your at it get the resistor and diode........make sure diode goes on with the silver band towards positive side of solenoid.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
coolbob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
bob, get a 48 volt white rodgers HD solenoid and while your at it get the resistor and diode........make sure diode goes on with the silver band towards positive side of solenoid.....................................
it's to sell so i will put an ordinary one but for my cart what wuold be the difference with an hd
Old 07-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
coolbob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i've replace the solenoid and it did not move, so i tried the solenoid on my second cart and it move so the new solenoid must be good ??? could it be a resistor !!!! i dont know what to do next ( it moves when i jump it ) what should i check ...help please !!!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
coolbob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: help please

need help please
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbob View Post
i've replace the solenoid and it did not move, so i tried the solenoid on my second cart and it move so the new solenoid must be good ??? could it be a resistor !!!! i dont know what to do next ( it moves when i jump it ) what should i check ...help please !!!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

did you actually test the solenoid activation circuit? Jumping the large posts of the solenoid doesn't always mean it's a bad solenoid (although having a 36 volt solenoid on a 48 volt cart is a bad thing to begin with).
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
coolbob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

no i did'nt ...how do you do that...the new solenoid is a 48 volt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car