lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charge Circuit Problems

Alright GLEEMO i hope those pictures are clear enough. I'm clear on what you have said to do. I have a Voltmeter and i purchased a Hydrometer, but i'm going to wait until you respond to my question about the ameter satying at 0 during the jump process. The charger humms but ameter stays at 0.
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #22
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm bypassing the OBC by jumping the cart charger but don't really want to proceed without getting an opinion that i have done it right. Can one of you guys take a look at the images i posted and give me your opinion? TIA
Old 04-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #23
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Charge Circuit Problems

I can't see the pictures good enough to say about the jumper. My eyes ant as good as they once were!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #24
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

OK After studying picture for 10 minutes , I think
U have just plugged the 2 wires together , rather then Use a jumper wire ?
If this is what U did it is OK it's just not clear (pix) and a little confusing.

As for the meter , don't worry about it ,
it will become obvious whether it is working or not when U plug it up
AND have the meter across the battery pack
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #25
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

OLD MEC, GLEEMO, Scottyb & Shadowman....Thank all of you for your help. I feel like a kid. The problem has been found and fixed. I am thrilled. I almost gave up more than once, but made it through and learned quite a bit. Battery # 5 was dead (fried plates). She once again runs like a top (that goes 12-15 mph) lol. Anyway thanks to all of you for jumping in and helping. I think I'll drive it for a month or two before I start the next project (bigger motor= faster).
Old 05-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats why we all come here, glad your up and going...................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #27
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

anyone from the southeast needs help
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #28
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well guy's here's the latest and greatest we put 12" rims and low pro tires (street legal tires), beefed up the leaf springs and added a faster motor and a slight lift on the front end. The motor is a Plum Quick that had some additional modifications or adjustments made to it before installing it. I wanted speed, but I wanted some torque as well. Now she jumps off the line pretty impressively and has no trouble all at cruising at 23mph. In one of the speed tests we GPS'd it at 27mph but it took a lot of road for it to get there. Next is the Black powder coated Roll Bar ( I went with the one you guy's provided links for in an earlier post), the Sport windshield and some Purple under the cart lights. If all is still well once the next round of modifications are complete I'll start shopping for a cool steering wheel and may add T-875's. I'm thinking i can get another 3mph out of the Trojans. Anyway the project has gone from sad to glad. Thought you might like to see it
Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #29
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

How about a little better picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clubcarwithwheelsandnewmotor.jpg (308.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #30
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now for rider SAFETY and LIABILITY you should consider disc brakes all around or at VERY LEAST ON THE BACK WHEELS to give the higher speeds steering and stopping power? The stock mechanical brakes are only designed for 10-14 MPH with 2 people and 2 golf bags and only slight hills found on most golf courses so now you are into high speed operation? Early autos dropped mechanical rear brakes in the 1920's as they were unsafe even at 25-30 MPH which was top speed at the time and because insurance companies would no long cover manufacuters liability? Now today with so many sue happy people you need insurance and proof of capable controlling?
Locally we have had several law suiets over not having working back up warning alarms?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car