lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 7.8 Volts on All 6 Trojan T-875s ? Help?

635 isn,t bad at all and why not put them in yourself?? if you need help we are here........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #22
Juiceman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yep the Trojans are junk. 8 volt batteries should read well over 9v each while charging, and 8.5v or more each after charge. It wouldn't hurt to take SG and voltage readings before you buy the new ones. Look for uniform numbers, no SG differences greater than
.25, and voltages no difference than .05 volt. In the future, you can really predict when a battery will fail after the first EODV reading. Remember, the pack is only as good as the weakest battery.
Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #23
Rhetor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That is not a bad price.

Trace your steps and see why the old Trojans only lasted 3 yrs.
I saw a set last 18 months once. When I told the owner what the problem with their cart was ... they were incredulous!
"What!? You have to put water in the batteries!?" But any # of things effect battery life span and yes they are all connected all go thru the same crap and can all die on the same hill

I have a lot of battery tutorial stuff on my website, you can go there and read how to best use and care for your batteries
Lot's of great advice,guys. Scotty, I will check out your tutorial stuff...want the next set to have a longer life!
Rhetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #24
Rhetor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
635 isn,t bad at all and why not put them in yourself?? if you need help we are here........................................
Looks simple enough...think I will do the install of bats myself...I will holler if I get into trouble
Old 05-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #25
Rhetor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
Yep the Trojans are junk. 8 volt batteries should read well over 9v each while charging, and 8.5v or more each after charge. It wouldn't hurt to take SG and voltage readings before you buy the new ones. Look for uniform numbers, no SG differences greater than
.25, and voltages no difference than .05 volt. In the future, you can really predict when a battery will fail after the first EODV reading. Remember, the pack is only as good as the weakest battery.
Thanks...I was gonna do Trojans again...saw some much lower priced Energizers at SAMS...might try those this time.

Even though the cart dealer checked my charger (just put it for a time on one of his floor carts for a time I did not see)--he prouncd it ok when I went back formit--my wife wants me to buy a new charger and try it before six batts. The charger is a 10 year old one I bought 3 years ago when the old primal one burned up. I am thinking buying a new charger would be a waste of time.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Tell the wife to come and read this entire thread and see if she thinks it's the charger.

Nevermind, I see logic is in play here, and that rarely works on the ladies....LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #27
Rhetor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Tell the wife to come and read this entire thread and see if she thinks it's the charger.

Nevermind, I see logic is in play here, and that rarely works on the ladies....LOL!
Yup...now she is telling to wait till Sunday to get the charger...then Monday for batts..then Tuesday to take battery cores back....then....Mini vacation over.

See why I was praying for one bad battery?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #28
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hey gornoman it sounds like your going through something similar to what I just went through. These guys are good, knowledegable and very patient. I'm chiming in because I almost bought all new batteries, I almost bought a new OBC. I did buy a VM and a Hydrometer. I immediately realized that I didn't have a clue what I was doing and I was rushing through all of these tasks (I'm not saying you are at all) and became concerned that whatever information that I provided back to these guy's would be inaccurate and I didn't want to buy or replace anything that didn't need to be replaced (like the new Heatsync in my charger). I decided to sacrifice being able to ride until I read and absorbed the material being provided by these guys.
My point: I wound up buying one new Crown battery and a used OBC (got that from a fellow that rebuilds carts...I'm gonna call him a new friend) for a total investment of $310.00 compared the $1100.00 I was about to spend because I wanted to ride dang it Just felt like chiming in man
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #29
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Just noticed I addressed the wrong person in that last post. Thats what i get for chiming in
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #30
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbinkley3 View Post
Just noticed I addressed the wrong person in that last post.
Thanx for clearing that up. I was confused myself, LOL.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car