lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #21
suppermansteve
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Not getting a full charge

GAMINDE
look the whole purpose of having these threads is for people who don't have the book. Or in your case people who cant read. If you read my thread from the top you would see I did everything shadowman asked me to do.

1 do you know that the charger has a solenoid in it ? Yes
2 do you know that the OBC controls this solenoid ? Yes this is the brain.
3 do you know where the OBC is (in the cart) Above the rear axle.
jumping the plug takes the OBC out of the picture !! Jumping the plug? I think you mean the realy. Yes again if you knew how to read you would see I said I did that.

5 download the manual and have a go at it yourself ! I don't have time to deal with simple minded people such as yourself. Have a nice day.

PS. OH YA why are you here if you have the book? Forgot you don't know how to read.
suppermansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Neither one of you is going to be here for another abusive post, I can guarantee that

Please do not reply with 'he said this or that' This is a family site with a zero tolerance policy
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:06 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

we all come here for the same reason at least i thought so....but helping people over the puter is hard enough and everyone takes and follows things differently thats what makes us human some get it faster some don,t but please guys don,t fight over this..............each one take a deep breath and start over, i have seen many good sites go down the tubes because of just this thing and if you ask any of the long timers here you,ll find there was another great site we used to all go to that fell apart because of this and if you go to that site now you,ll see 1 or 2 new post a week if your lucky where it used to be 30 a day......so i agree 100% with the zero policy and if you pay attention you,ll see when someone signs on and acts up you won,t see them again......anyways its not worth the loss of information to fight about it.................its a holiday weekend gents what are we doing.................................... .........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #24
suppermansteve
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb I'm still here but thanks for your input. Shadowman your right and it is supposed to be a friendly sight. Won't let it get it to me again.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #25
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by suppermansteve View Post
Scottyb I'm still here but thanks for your input. Shadowman your right and it is supposed to be a friendly sight. Won't let it get it to me again.

thanks.......... its just not worth it........there isn,t another site out there that compares to this one and the wealth of info here you just can,t get anywhere else..........we come here help each other and save people lots of cash and that in itself is priceless not to mention the friendships one can make again priceless........................
Old 05-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #26
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry After reading my posts I also think it was a bit Short It wasn't meant to come across that way
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #27
suppermansteve
Not Yet Wild

Your welcome, I just have a short fuse when it comes to people who doesn't respect others people intelligence and answer questions before they read the question. Thats like taking a test, and guessing at all the answers all the wile expecting to pass with an A+.

Any how, whats the story with the gray wire? The cart is taking a charge now but only with the relay bypassed. Does the gray wire have anything to do with the OBC and is there any other way to test the OBC?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is frustrating sometimes when you know the answer to the question and the person you are trying to help refuses to perform the tests suggested or whatever, but that's when you are best off just bowing out and letting go

Most important of all ~ remember it's only a golf cart
Old 05-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the OBC bypass test (gray wire to neg) results in a running charger chance are 99.999% that the obc is bad.
The other one cart in a thousand cart had a bad solenoid.
So set about testing your solenoid activation circuit and performance
Old 05-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #30
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes its part of the circuit, i would be lying if i said i knew its exact purpose i beleive its the wire that communicates with the OBC when charging it reads voltage used from each battery voltage needed in each battery # of charge cycles and who knows what else but you do need it....i,m guessing here but if the charger is now charging with the relay bypassed than your solder job on the grey wire should be fine so all it leaves is the OBC.........as for testing it..............bypassing the low voltage sensor is one of the things you can do you can also run a jumper from the soleniod......small post on soleniod where yellow wire is you jump from there to neg. post on #6 battery however this does not always work.........you can also try and reboot the OBC if for some reason it went into lock out mode........search the forum there are directions but again this also does not always work matter of fact for me it works maybe 1 in 25 times so i no longer even waste the time as its only temporary anyways...................the OBC controls the charging circuit thats why we ask about the charger and things that sometimes don,t make sense at 1st but theres method to our maddness...............i,ll venture to say if you replace your OBC cart will charge fine and run fine....................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car