lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
cc06
Not Yet Wild

Default precedent accessories

Where is the best place to buy accessories for the precendent? I see plenty of websites that have the stainless and diamond plate kick panels and other things but they are mostly for the club car ds.
cc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: precedent accessories

The precedent is an engineering masterpiece, and there is nothing you can add to enhance it

I've been looking all over as well and there isn't really any one particular company that stands out for "precedent" parts and upgrades.
It does appear that the DS is more popular, though
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

http://www.tk411.com

Yep... nobody makes stuff for the Precedent... Just kidding...

Just ask some of our Sponsors here what they carry or if they can get you want you want. They will fine the items you'd want to add I did my cart nearly 3 years ago with what you see by clicking on the link above.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
http://www.tk411.com

Yep... nobody makes stuff for the Precedent... Just kidding...

Just ask some of our Sponsors here what they carry or if they can get you want you want. They will fine the items you'd want to add I did my cart nearly 3 years ago with what you see by clicking on the link above.
You have a very nice cart I have a question, Where do you get your neg feed for you 12v accessories? I see the 12v pos feed off battery 1

DSCN1217.JPG
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
You have a very nice cart I have a question, Where do you get your neg feed for you 12v accessories? I see the 12v pos feed off battery 1

Attachment 56075
I've added a couple of extra items that needed their own 48 volt positive source. First is an alarm and second it the converter. I fused both of course. You'll notice also that there is a separate Negative lead off battery #4... also for the converter.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I've added a couple of extra items that needed their own 48 volt positive source. First is an alarm and second it the converter. I fused both of course. You'll notice also that there is a separate Negative lead off battery #4... also for the converter.
Using a converter explains it So your alarm needs 48v as well? I'm still trying to figure out my light kit feed. Mine is connected to the blue pigtail like yours on #4 but must get it's ground somewhere in the factory harness.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Using a converter explains it So your alarm needs 48v as well? I'm still trying to figure out my light kit feed. Mine is connected to the blue pigtail like yours on #4 but must get it's ground somewhere in the factory harness.
I'm pretty sure the ground comes from the black wire in the harness in the dash. That's where I'm grounding all my front end stuff. Also, always ground back to the battery pack, this is very important.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #8
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I'm pretty sure the ground comes from the black wire in the harness in the dash. That's where I'm grounding all my front end stuff. Also, always ground back to the battery pack, this is very important.
When you say ground back to your battery pack your are referring to the converter, correct? I am just wondering how the light kit is grounded as I don't see a ground wire at the pack and wouldn't make sense as it would be a 48v feed
Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #9
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
When you say ground back to your battery pack your are referring to the converter, correct? I am just wondering how the light kit is grounded as I don't see a ground wire at the pack and wouldn't make sense as it would be a 48v feed
The OEM harness already provides a ground. (It's getting the ground from the battery pack) All you have to do is plug the light kit harness up to the existing harness.

If you are using a converter, always ground back to the converter, as the converter is grounded to the batery pack.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Quote:
The OEM harness already provides a ground. (It's getting the ground from the battery pack) All you have to do is plug the light kit harness up to the existing harness.

If you are using a converter, always ground back to the converter, as the converter is grounded to the batery pack.
Thanks Steve. I understand to ground accessories back to the converter but when you say "always ground back to the battery pack" are your talking about the converter ground?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car