lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #11
kymike
Gone Wild

Default Re: Loosing Power on hills

rebuild the clutch
kymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
colbyave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi folks. I finally got the oppertunity to do the compression check. Also the setting of maintenance mode worked fine. Lifted the seat and indexed the plastic cam to allow the engin to run without engaging the trans. I checked compression while in maintenance mode and got 100 PSI max. Remember the engine didn't fire 100% as the plug was replaced with the compression gauge. I looked at the plug and it was burning nice and white, not covered with burnt oil so I'm thinking there is no blow by on the rings. The trans / clutch assy is working fine so I'm thinking I have a problem with valve setting and loosing compression due to clearence or a seat problem. I know you folks mentioned this before but wanted to know if a valve job is difficult or costly. Thanks
colbyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyave View Post
Hi folks. I finally got the oppertunity to do the compression check. Also the setting of maintenance mode worked fine. Lifted the seat and indexed the plastic cam to allow the engin to run without engaging the trans. I checked compression while in maintenance mode and got 100 PSI max. Remember the engine didn't fire 100% as the plug was replaced with the compression gauge. I looked at the plug and it was burning nice and white, not covered with burnt oil so I'm thinking there is no blow by on the rings. The trans / clutch assy is working fine so I'm thinking I have a problem with valve setting and loosing compression due to clearence or a seat problem. I know you folks mentioned this before but wanted to know if a valve job is difficult or costly. Thanks

"Nice and white" indicates a lean condition. An even light tan would be more desirable. Compression. Before you tear down the cylinder head you might try a good squirt of oil down the spark plug hole then immediately re-test the compression with a wide open throttle. A jump up from your 100psi would point to bore / piston ring wear issue. No change on the other hand would suggest a valve or head gasket problem.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
colbyave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK easy enough to do the oil check. Actually you are correct that the spark plug was a tan color not white. Also verified the gap and it was to spec. I'll try the suggestion you have given me and post the results. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #15
colbyave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: Loosing Power on hills

Found out the problem with my cart. The secondary clutch assy was shot and not that it's been replaced, everything is back to normal. Thanks to everyone for the help and recommendations.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car