lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
leadfoot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New RXV Freedom

... dont forget the posi rear end, true alternating current drive.. these cars are awsome.. .. were seeing 40+ miles on a charge out here with some pretty aggresive terrain... cant wait for the aftermarket to get onboard so the controllers can be reflashed, these ac cars should be rocketships when that happens, they already have double the horses of the series cars..
also.. The RXV Freedom is the replacement for the current TXT, however TXT we are all used to is still being built currently.. The new body style takes a little getting used to for sure, but, when built they sure are pretty cool..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rxv.jpg (48.6 KB, 17 views)
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #12
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Actually Leadfoot, you are incorrect about the RXV repacing the TXT. The RXV is a NEW unit for EZGO. The TXT has been eliminated and has been replaced by the PDS - 'Fleet" speed carts have now gone away. Your choice for new electrics is either a PDS or an RXV.

About the same as Club Car - They have the Precident and the DS
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

The front end is kina weird looking with the big bumper and headlights, How much bigger are the 12v batteries and how much do they weigh?
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
leadfoot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Actually Leadfoot, you are incorrect about the RXV repacing the TXT. The RXV is a NEW unit for EZGO. The TXT has been eliminated and has been replaced by the PDS - 'Fleet" speed carts have now gone away. Your choice for new electrics is either a PDS or an RXV.

About the same as Club Car - They have the Precident and the DS
semantics.. lol.. I never said the RXV was not a new vehicle for EZGO.. and the TXT chassis, which is obviously what the PDS car is built on is on borrowed time, might want to check your sources.. My only point was the RXV is a nice product, although I think it will take a bit for people to get used to, Its quite a departure from what anyone has expected in a golf car..
regarding the DS and Precedent.. Im quite sure the Precedent was in line to replace the DS, But with all its growing pains im sure the DS will be around for a while..
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
Not Yet Wild

Bought one yesterday...in faster RPM's the AC motor whines...anybody has this same concern?
1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Had a chance to work on one already, nice carts, at first I thought wth, but it grew on me quickly. No pop rivets, just unbolt everything. It was a little interesting adding a rear hitch to it. Though the front struts are a little thicker to allow for wires to pass through which was nice, and of coarse the rear seat kit was a breeze to install. Will say not much room under the seat though. Guess we all will get use to them will be more showing up soon to the lease returns.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
Not Yet Wild

Just got one, the AC motor whines during high RPMs...do you have the same problem?
1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #18
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Man you are lucky. I want one, but I don't like the front end much either. I'm sticking to the TXT for my future cart. But I really like your new cart!!! Good luck selling it!
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
navara20030
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot View Post
... dont forget the posi rear end, true alternating current drive.. these cars are awsome.. .. were seeing 40+ miles on a charge out here with some pretty aggresive terrain... cant wait for the aftermarket to get onboard so the controllers can be reflashed, these ac cars should be rocketships when that happens, they already have double the horses of the series cars..
also.. The RXV Freedom is the replacement for the current TXT, however TXT we are all used to is still being built currently.. The new body style takes a little getting used to for sure, but, when built they sure are pretty cool..
The TXT is now 48 volt, using 4 x 12 volt T1275 batteries!!!!

The TXT is NOT on borrowed time, the 2 EZGO carts are aimed at different markets. Following the launch of the RXV, it was very noticeable that the selling price of the RXV was always going to be more expensive than the 'outgoing' TXT. Fleet users love the RXV but the price differential between the 2 models are miles apart. Like most golfers, the name on the front of the cart won't put them off renting the cart for one round, assuming its going to be a reliable ride! It soon became apparent that the TXT would remain, although the gas version was removed from the market.

EZGO decided to upgrade the current TXT to 48 volts, the PDS (Precision Drive System) is no longer available, it is now simply known as the TXT 48 volt. EZGO are now using the same/similar system to the Club Car Precedent. The system uses a fully programmable speed controller, customisable using the Curtis hand controller.

In my opinion, a good cart just got better!! although 6 x T875's would have been a better idea.
navara20030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #20
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Any manufacturer that is using the 4 -12's will find out the hard way and switch back, Yamaha is already making the move back.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO