lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New RXV Freedom

The TXT-48 uses 6 - 8 volts. The only EZGO with 4 - 12's is the RXV, the AC system does not seen to have issues with the battery configuration like the Precedents did at first. I think the problems with Club Car have been resolved, too...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #22
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Club Car is switching back to 6 8volts, Yamaha is offering the 4 12's as an Option, but you have to pay more for the 6 8's.

The problem with the 12 volts is they get drained too far down in use, that wounds them, then you hve an early failure of the batteries. Club Car compounded the problem with bad battery manangement (OBC) that over charged the batteries. EZGO is seeing problems with the 12volts not going as far as they think they should.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #23
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know where you get your information Mr. Fixer, but I'm a Factory warranty / service center for EZGO and we're seeing 54 to 72 holes per charge on our hand held diagnostics.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #24
roady89
nimda
Club Car

but he's got 28 years of fixing golf cars.....says so right there in his sig. Uh huh....sure does.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #25
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only battery problem I've seen (or heard of) is on the earlier RXV carts where the freedom package was drawing power from battery #3. All carts now come with a voltage reducer and non-equipped older RXV carts can get a FREE warranty upgrade and have the voltage reducer added at $0.00 to the original owner...

Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #26
navara20030
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
I don't know where you get your information Mr. Fixer, but I'm a Factory warranty / service center for EZGO and we're seeing 54 to 72 holes per charge on our hand held diagnostics.
I agree with Mike, under 'normal' golf circumstances, 54 to 72 holes is possible but not recommended. My hand controller was registering 35 - 42 miles between charges, golf directors soon realised they could go days without charging, until they were told this would void their fleet warranty.

The EZGO RXV also uses the less powerful T1260 12 volt, where as the Precedent/Yamaha uses the T1275.

We use the BATT RECON desulphator and the Club Car batteries are normally cooked after 4 years and our desulphating successes are very low when compared to our high success rate of the T875, T105 and other 6 volts, (We are yet to try an RXV T1260 battery)
navara20030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #27
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by navara20030 View Post
I agree with Mike, under 'normal' golf circumstances, 54 to 72 holes is possible but not recommended. My hand controller was registering 35 - 42 miles between charges.
That's pretty good. But I would have to agree with Fixer, because I have heard many many people complain about how the cart has good range/run time when they are doing more stop and go driving. I would be willing to bet that they won't last 35-42 miles when you are doing stop and go, like when you are golfing.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #28
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

I deal with golf cars across the entire U.S in different countries, so as a whole, there are issue with how far they will go on a single charge. Maybe in your area it is not an issue, but look into areas where they are used more heavy. You know as well as I do you don't ask EZGO if they have any problems with their cars, because they will always tell you, "never ever seen one of our cars ever fail".

Not really sure why you all want to beat me up on what I know. I find it strange where I say something and get a ton of s++t for it, but then someone else will say it and its the gods truth. Sorry I know what I know, but I do know that alot of you have learned from what I have posted over the years.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #29
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

FIXEROFCARTS, you have a PM.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #30
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
FIXEROFCARTS, you have a PM.
Make that two.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO